Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
3 pen shouts all waved away, very soft booking for Sykes, maybe a bit harsh sending the Rochdale player off ( straight Red) ? ... Reckon hes worth a mark of 4 /10

Hmm. How we didn't get a pen beggar's belief. Only on live viewing thought the red card harsh yet how their left back somehow escaped a caution for his cynical trip of Rob Hall.

Also, Mous had to explain the new drop ball rule to him when he got hit by the ball.

In his defence, he did try to keep the game going when he could, especially in the conditions. But even with the red card, it wasn't a dirty game for him to manage. I suspect against somebody like Wycombe he would have been under a lot of pressure and in more trouble.

Hmm. How we didn't get a pen beggar's belief. Only on live viewing thought the red card harsh yet how their left back somehow escaped a caution for his cynical trip of Rob Hall.

Also, Mous had to explain the new drop ball rule to him when he got hit by the ball.

In his defence, he did try to keep the game going when he could, especially in the conditions. But even with the red card, it wasn't a dirty game for him to manage. I suspect against somebody like Wycombe he would have been under a lot of pressure and in more trouble.
That was the moment he dropped from a 5 to a 4 for me. Incredible to think that he had forgotten that very important change to the rules.
The sending off, whilst a welcome change to the norm, was perhaps, a little more than the foul deserved but, then he waved away at least one pen and missed Dickie being shoved to the ground entirely.
It is a shame that we see so many poor standards when the game, the rules and the outcome are just as important in this league as they are in any other. (yes, of course, the Premiershit is worth a lot more but, that should not be a deciding factor)

can i just say that in his defense i thought the ball was not moving forward if memory serves me correctly, in which case he doesn't need stop play.

can i just say that in his defense i thought the ball was not moving forward if memory serves me correctly, in which case he doesn't need stop play.
Can I ask where this "ball was not moving forward" come from?
I can find no reference to the ball's direction, change of possession, yes. Goes directly into the goal, yes. Nothing about the direction of the ball.

If the ball touches the referee (or another match official) and goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts, a dropped ball is awarded

I thought he made reffing an easy match look very difficult.

The sending off didn't look like one at the time, and still doesn't. Sykes booking was harsh, and how he missed that blatant push on Dickie is baffling (the other two pen shouts were less straightforward, but that one?).

I'm just thankful that he wasn't the ref in a more blood and thunder game, Lord alone knows how he would have coped.

Can I ask where this "ball was not moving forward" come from?
I can find no reference to the ball's direction, change of possession, yes. Goes directly into the goal, yes. Nothing about the direction of the ball.

Reference was made during a recent live game, a ball was passed backwards when striking the ref and they (commentators) said the ref in such case does not stop the game.(which he didn't)

The rules is (according to IFAB):
Law 9 • Dropped ball if the ball touches the referee (or other match official) and goes into the goal, possession changes or an attacking move starts

At the time I thought no way a sending off. Having played it through in slow motion many times completely changed my mind. I think he got it right. Might not have been intentional but studs up into Fosu's leg was very dangerous. Wilbraham might have "got the ball" but not with his boot, with another bit of his leg after he'd made contact with Fosu. The reaction of our players speaks volumes. Kinsesley had a really good view. (Not that this always helps refs get it right) A better view than us in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom