Away Match Day Thread 26/09/20 L1 - Accrington Stanley V OUFC

I thought that Eastwoods distribution was better than normal.
A couple of quick throws started off good attacks
A couple also almost caught Clare completely unaware, and a couple of kicks sailed right out of play.
I still have lot's of faith in Clint though, but he's looking more and more vulnerable.

It's almost like you're talking about a team you don't support.......
He'll already have the 'any points we've gained have been lucky and have been papering over the cracks' post in his drafts ready for whenever we have the audacity to lose next.

And just like that we are now in the top half of the table jumping 12 places....
I think little lesson there to not overreact so early in the season.

As a 41 year old, who's been watching Oxford since I was 7 years old, I don't tend to ever overreact so early in the season, weather it's been a good or bad start, as I know how things can quickly go from one extreme to the other at this stage of a season, but it was the level of quality, attitude and performance throughout the team that really worried me.

We've been slow starters every season under Robbo, but I never panicked, as you could see that we had a good team of good players, and they weren't playing badly, so you had confidence things would soon turn around, and they did.

But to be fair, this time around the whole team were bloody awful in the first two games, and the new signings didn't look like they were up to it at all, mentally or physically, so I don't think raising concerns about that was an overreaction, they were justified concerns.

Today was only one game, against awful opposition, so a bit of perspective is needed, but players who had looked like they were simply not up to it, were excellent today, so hopefully this was a shot in the arm for them all, and a big confidence boost, and they've finally released the shackles.

And who knows, maybe all these injuries to key players has been a blessing in disguise, as we've now seen that Sam Long is a genuinely excellent option in BOTH full back positions, and we've all finally seen what an absolute gem of a player Anthony Forde is, and Robbo may have just found his best position!

John Coleman is a super manager at this level - but he can be a dour, sour, bitter little man too.

He was the same after the game at our place last year. Absolutely zero credit to the opposition, all luck, Taylor not in the game etc etc.

Clearly our second was a total fluke (albeit after some excellent build up work and good tenacity - to be commended so soon after conceding). But ‘could have gone either way’!? Taylor has scored 5 in 2 against them and ‘done nothing’?! I had us as decisively the better side for at least 70 of the 90 minutes today...

The more I see Joel Cooper (body shape helps here as well) the more he reminds me of Lee Tomlin. I'm not saying whether he will be as good or not, just that he reminds me of Tomlin in the style he plays.

And chuckbert? Nope? It went with auto spell as didn’t quote the post. Why not address the point raised rather than a misspell?

Yeah perhaps stating the obvious a bit but that Taylor volley was a beaut. :love:

it was the whole thing. Henry’s pin point 45 yard pass to Taylor. OMG Taylors control on the chest Pushing to the side to set up his half volley AND beating the defender and leaving him on his a**e. Then slammed into the net. Goal of the season so far ;-)

Back
Top Bottom