Away Match Day Thread 26/09/20 L1 - Accrington Stanley V OUFC

Coleman sounds like a depressed head of security at a chain of provincial, closed down, nightclubs.

Or a ex hard bitten desk sergeant living off his police pension.

Think he’s a good manager, and have no problem with him giving us any credit for the victory.

‘No way was that 4-1’ ‘ Taylor did nothing all game’.

These are the lower league management quotes we live for. I love a bad loser.

Coleman sounds like a depressed head of security at a chain of provincial, closed down, nightclubs.

Think he’s a good manager, and have no problem with him giving us any credit for the victory.

Did he seriously say Taylor did nothing all game? Was that tongue in cheek?
He was a menace to then all game , scored 2 should have scored another and made the first.
Coleman has done fantastically well at keeping Accington in L1. It must be wearing though and a constant battle to get in players good enough to keep them up. They may struggle this season.

"Oxford looked the bees knees today, can't think why they haven't won any league games until today. I suspect they were short of confidence before the game but as we didn't pose much of an attacking threat they gained in confidence, in possession and pressing us high without it. The first goal, somewhat of a scramble with us failing to clear the ball from our box. Their reward was the goal and it lifted them further. Even though we were much better second half they defended well. Not sure of the value of both teams on paper, but that and the difference in level of wages paid must have been massive. Still we can always say that with most teams we play, not meant as an excuse."

A quote above from Crown Grounder from Stanley's forum, shows how a week can change things as I'm pretty sure no Sunderland fan said similar about us. :)

Ei6FUfsXgAEG_sB

I also respect Coleman but that was pure sour grapes.

Nothing like the Lardarse Criminal at Gillingham who called us "lucky" last season though.

Did he seriously say Taylor did nothing all game? Was that tongue in cheek?
He was a menace to then all game , scored 2 should have scored another and made the first.
Coleman has done fantastically well at keeping Accington in L1. It must be wearing though and a constant battle to get in players good enough to keep them up. They may struggle this season.

Yes he did and no it wasn’t tounge in cheek, he made referance at the Oxford v Accy game last year how he walked of with the match ball and was MOM and that never was.
Sour grapes from him.

How can their 28 not get a red card for accosting the referee after Eastwood punches the player in the head? He manhandles the ref ridiculously .
And the red said no pen the Accy players surround shout and man meander and he gives it, not much cop as a ref if he couldn’t stand by his original decision.

And the red said no pen the Accy players surround shout and man meander and he gives it, not much cop as a ref if he couldn’t stand by his original decision.
To be fair to those criticising the ref, despite all the harassment from the opposition, his eyes were on the linesman waiting for confirmation of the penalty. That's what they are there for and the right decision was made - it was a clear penalty!! Do we think Brannagan and others would have acted any differently if their keeper had twatted one of our players in the box?

Back
Top Bottom