Away Match Day Thread 26/09/20 L1 - Accrington Stanley V OUFC

Watching the Wycombe Swansea game reminds me that they were at most a canny League 1 team. Without significant investment, it’s hard to see how they aren’t going to be whacked week in, week out. Obviously I still haven’t overcome the trauma of Wembley - a win today might help me.

Hopefully the rumours on the absent players isn’t true..

If it’s false, we win, if not, could be a long drive home...

Watching the Wycombe Swansea game reminds me that they were at most a canny League 1 team. Without significant investment, it’s hard to see how they aren’t going to be whacked week in, week out. Obviously I still haven’t overcome the trauma of Wembley - a win today might help me.
Think it’s a great demonstration of the step between Lge 1 and the Championship. Without huge investment- quality of players and speed and accuracy of movement of the ball. Would Tiger have thrown £10 - £20 Million at our squad ahead of a season in the Championship? I doubt it!!

Predicting a tight 1-2 win for the yellows (whites) today, don’t mind what the performance is like or who scores but 3 points are very much needed to get some good feelings back

Some sour grapes and all that, but Wycombe will go straight down. The only question is whether they will get more than 30 points. I hope not. Ainsworth did a great job organising a very average bunch of players. Collectively, they are very well set up. Individually, the fact that none of their players got picked off in the Summer tells you all you need to know. I'm not too keen on the Peterborough Chairman, but he was right on this one. Wycombe should never have got into the play offs. One of the worst teams to be promoted from L1 I can remember.

Cannot see a win today. Massive holes in the team not addressed again, an Accy team who have all the characteristics we struggle against, rumours of more missing players. 3 nil Accy.

Some sour grapes and all that, but Wycombe will go straight down. The only question is whether they will get more than 30 points. I hope not. Ainsworth did a great job organising a very average bunch of players. Collectively, they are very well set up. Individually, the fact that none of their players got picked off in the Summer tells you all you need to know. I'm not too keen on the Peterborough Chairman, but he was right on this one. Wycombe should never have got into the play offs. One of the worst teams to be promoted from L1 I can remember.

I think lowest points tally ever in the championship( or even league football?) is a very definite possibility.

Although our fans seem to want to downplay Wycombe following last season they are up there with the teams I dislike. Hope they get smashed every week.

I like to be positive but given our style of play, unless he chooses to play some genuine pace out wide from the beginning then it’s easy for them to play a very high line and squash our passing play or then, given our lack of height and physical presence, drop deep subsequently if needed. We are neither fast nor big which is a pickle.

Hell of a talented bunch of players though however I feel every goal they score in this style needs to be a worldie like Fosu offered regularly

Eastwood, Clare, Moore, Atkinson, Long
Forde, Kelly, Henry, Hall
Taylor, Agyei.

Subs: Stevens, Lofthouse, Elechi, Brannagan, McGuane, Cooper, Osei Yaw

Conventional 4-4-2? Or Hall pushed up into 4-3-3..?

Hopefully the rumours on the absent players isn’t true..

If it’s false, we win, if not, could be a long drive home...

Sykes sick. Moore and Brannagan also got / had the bug as of yesterday.

Fingers crossed ..

Confirmed by Oxford Mail tests came back negative for four players. Sykes is still ill and Cam only makes the bench.

Some sour grapes and all that, but Wycombe will go straight down. The only question is whether they will get more than 30 points. I hope not.

They’ve done well not to get absolutely whacked today after Swansea’s start.

I’ll be surprised if they have a shot on target before Christmas.

This is the legacy of the Football League rewarding the luckiest season in history. They’re gash.

They’ve done well not to get absolutely whacked today after Swansea’s start.

I’ll be surprised if they have a shot on target before Christmas.

This is the legacy of the Football League rewarding the luckiest season in history. They’re gash.

I can imagine the EFL are regretting gifting them promotion.

Back
Top Bottom