Away Match Day Thread 26/09/20 L1 - Accrington Stanley V OUFC

To be fair to those criticising the ref, despite all the harassment from the opposition, his eyes were on the linesman waiting for confirmation of the penalty. That's what they are there for and the right decision was made - it was a clear penalty!! Do we think Brannagan and others would have acted any differently if their keeper had twatted one of our players in the box?

Whilst I agree it is a penalty, I wouldn't want Brannagan or any of our players actually manhandling the Ref like their player did.

How can their 28 not get a red card for accosting the referee after Eastwood punches the player in the head? He manhandles the ref ridiculously .
Thought it was only the captains allowed to approach and speak to the referee to stop this crowding of the ref happening, Accrington should’ve had 4 or 5 yellows there. How many times has an Oxford player been given a yellow for appealing a decision.

To be fair to those criticising the ref, despite all the harassment from the opposition, his eyes were on the linesman waiting for confirmation of the penalty. That's what they are there for and the right decision was made - it was a clear penalty!! Do we think Brannagan and others would have acted any differently if their keeper had twatted one of our players in the box?
It was a clear penalty.
But by the letter of the law shouldn't the Accrington player have been sent off for equally clearly manhandling the referee?

I have no idea why a zero tolerance approach to hassling the ref isn’t enforced. Any of the refs on here like to comment?

It was a clear penalty.
But by the letter of the law shouldn't the Accrington player have been sent off for equally clearly manhandling the referee?

This ^^^

It’s definitely a penalty.

And there should be post game citing like rugby whereby that player is now red carded

I have no idea why a zero tolerance approach to hassling the ref isn’t enforced. Any of the refs on here like to comment?
I remember Maguire open his arms towards the linesman on a manner what was that and he got booked. Strange

I remember Maguire open his arms towards the linesman on a manner what was that and he got booked. Strange
no consistency in the application of FA rules by different matchday officials ...generalising, the only consistency in decision making by different officials is they're almost bound sure to be inconsistent

Back
Top Bottom