Away Match Build Up 26/09/20 L1 - Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only see a home win for this one accy are bloody difficult to beat on there own cow patch of a pitch (unless they’ve tidied it up abit now) but it’s Oxford so who knows

I honestly don't care what the score is, as long as there is some kind of improvement in performance.
Won't be watching as I'll be climbing Snowdon. Won't even check the score as more often than not when I don't we win well.

I don't think we're getting a win here, unfortunately. Hopefully the week off revitalises the players but we still have the same issues in terms of personnel we had last week. A draw would be good.

Looking ahead, things look a little worrying. We need to pick up some form and soon because, after Crewe at home next weekend, which is SURELY a win, we have Gills and then Posh away in subsequent weekends. We're then Tuesday-Saturday until the end of October, with games against Swindon, Charlton (A) and Fleetwood (A) in that run. That's a LOT of tough fixtures in a short space of time. If we're not careful, we could see ourselves out of the autos race by November. So I think more than anything I just want to see a response this weekend to the last couple of games - some indication that the tide is turning.
Autos ? at this moment in tie I'd take top 10 and a stable season with an Facup run to the 5th rd.! Love your positivity though .

Both Long and Clare have missed training sessions this week and are doubts for tomorrow.

One of three things are now possible
Forde and Elechi at full back.
We have someone lined up to come in(doubtful)
They both play and Kr making things seem worse then they are.

Worried that with Ruffels back on the grass this week that we end up rushing him back into the side.

Claire might well be. KR's system makes defenders look absolutely gash unless they have a half decent CDM in front of them so the least we can do is wait until Gorrin is back playing before making judgement.

i wonder if with all these injuries and Brannagan possibly out could we now push Clare into a more natural centre midfield role if he is fit. But going if who we know is available. IF Ruffels is back before Gorrin and we have another left back by then could that be a role for him as cover until Gorrin is fit.

Eastwood
Forde Moore Atkinson Elechi
Kelly
Mcguane Sykes
Agyei Taylor Cooper

Last edited:
i wonder if with all these injuries and Brannagan possibly out could we now push Clare into a more natural centre midfield role if he is fit. But going if who we know is available.

Eastwood
Forde Moore Atkinson Elechi
Kelly
Mcguane Henry
Sykes Taylor Cooper
So that is assuming that Brannigan, Gorrin, Mousinho, Long, Clare, Hall, Hanson, Asonganyi & Winnall are the 9 not available
Napa, Sole and Lopes are now out on loan too.

So that will leave a bench of: Jack Stevens, Jones, Spasov, Lofthouse, Goodrham, Agyei, Osei Yaw - interesting

Eastwood
Clare Moore Atkinson Long
Sykes Forde Brannagan
Agyei Taylor Cooper

I don't particularly like it but Forde over Kelly offers far more protection defensively, Cooper on the left is at least a round peg in a round hole, and I think Agyei deserves a start and would offer a physical presence against a robust Accy side.
I worry about Clare

Let’s hope the bug that CB has firstly isn’t Covid and secondly hasn’t spread to other areas of the team.......

Could be very short if that’s the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom