Home Match Day Thread 26/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love MApp, and he’s clearly been dealt a rough hand by COVID this week, but the interview I’ve just seen him give to Sky was bonkers! ‘Getting stronger as the second half went on’, just couldn’t get the equaliser they ‘deserved’...

They barely got near our goal in the second half and most of their passing was dreadful!

Really calm, professional second half performance from us I thought. Kept them at arms length and maintained a vague threat ourselves.

That was great grit against a talented opponent that ultimately flattered to deceive. MOTM Forde, should never have started on bench.He’s got to play every week.

Henry showed his quality at the right time. Good to see him back.

Running on fumes at end but Lincoln had even less.

Sky commentary very decent and pleasing to see the shithouse back on song.

on the debit side that bearded striker has the pace of a traction engine. Awful.

I love MApp, and he’s clearly been dealt a rough hand by COVID this week, but the interview I’ve just seen him give to Sky was bonkers! ‘Getting stronger as the second half went on’, just couldn’t get the equaliser they ‘deserved’...

They barely got near our goal in the second half and most of their passing was dreadful!

Really calm, professional second half performance from us I thought. Kept them at arms length and maintained a vague threat ourselves.
I like the fact he didn't dwell on the handball though and focused on his sides inability to clear the ball instead. Most managers would have banged on about the handball.

Michael Appleton shame on you - what match were you watching? "Felt that it looked like we were going to score again and hard done by" - we hammered them in every department and they were so "second best"- we now have the easiest run in of any team. They were never a play off team - and one CV victim wasnt the difference tonight. We have been awful last 4 games but I think we all needed the win tonight to give us momentum. WHY didnt Jamie Mackie do his dance and become a regular on Sky Sports!
I was disappointed with MAPP.
Anybody could see we deserved something from the game. Really?
He sounds under pressure. Great manager for us and I hope they go up but shocking blinkered views

Fuming at Atkinson tonight. Went and had a great game in front of the Sky cameras.
That tackle towards the end of the game where he snuffed out a player on half way before he could turn was class. Broke up play and gave us possession just when we needed to manage the game.

Really good performance and really enjoyable game to watch. Having henry back made a huge difference. Having another option to shoot / cross well opens so many more doors. If we had played like that vs blackpool we would have won. If we had played like that vs Northampton we would have won by 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom