Home Match Build Up 26/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Okay lads and lassies, Saturday is the big "Say thank you to Joey" day.
Everybody should go along to support the Yellows and help the club raise even more money for his chosen charity, MIND.

The Yellows Fanatic need help for their planned "Thank You" to Joey.
They need as many people as possible to be in the London Road (East stand) stand to help with the planned show. So get there Saturday.

And the match itself of course. We need another 3 points so your support is invaluable to the lads.
I'm confident we will win to continue our claim to a play-off spot.

Must win with all the other sides playing each other.

Back to a back 4 for me with Moore out. I’d also drop Kane to the bench.

Stevens
Long McNally Brown Seddon
Brannagan
Sykes McGuane
Whyte
Taylor Baldock

Why? He’s been off it a bit. Pompey away Tuesday. Give a breather till that.
I'd agree with you that he's not been on it recently. But if the only alternative is to pull Brannagan back in front of the defence like you've got in your lineup then I think what we'd lose from the attack would outweight the benefit of resting a player who's not on top form.

Stevens
Brannagan
Sykes McGuane
Whyte
Taylor Baldock
I've seen a lot of suggestion that if Moore is out we will revert to a back 4. For me, if Moore is out that would make us more likely to play 3 CB's to compensate for his absence. He is our best CB currently (I think McNally will be better), if Brown was to come in next to McNally I think that is a bigger risk than dropping him into a back three with Long AND McNally. If one of them is then forced off or it isn't working we could easily push Long to RB or substitute Browne for a more attacking option.

Last edited:
If our boys leave everything out there - Give it all they have, then we will have every chance of winning handsomely.
While it will undoubtedly be a very emotional afternoon for everyone connected with this club, the players may be able to draw inspiration from it. I know that we will be right behind them.
One club… One special Club… One special player… Joey.

with Saturdays matchday sponsors named ... heres hoping that we get at them from the Start, with no Going Underground by our defence, and fast, fluid flowing football taking the opposition into a Beat Surrender, come the final whistle & a home win for Joey , we'll all agree That's Entertainment

with Saturdays matchday sponsors named ... heres hoping that we get at them from the Start, with no Going Underground by our defence, and fast, fluid flowing football taking the opposition into a Beat Surrender, come the final whistle & a home win for Joey , we'll all agree That's Entertainment

Can't believe you didn't get 'Saturday's Kids' in there, surely that was an open goal of a chance :ROFLMAO:

hmmmmmm ...nowt as yet in OX3 , damn baltic out mind, at 8pm, hope the covers are on the pitch at the breeze block to protect it for Saturdays game ....just in case snow etc is 'late'....

Stevens
Brannagan
Sykes McGuane
Whyte
Taylor Baldock
I strongly hope that we don’t go back to a flat back 4, or bring Seddon back into the team. Williams has been brilliant in that left wing back role.

If everyone is fit and fresh (barring Moore) then I’d like to see the same formation and team, just with Brown coming in to the left CB in the three, where he seems far more comfortable than in a two.

I strongly hope that we don’t go back to a flat back 4, or bring Seddon back into the team. Williams has been brilliant in that left wing back role.

If everyone is fit and fresh (barring Moore) then I’d like to see the same formation and team, just with Brown coming in to the left CB in the three, where he seems far more comfortable than in a two.
I thought that some of the players looked a bit leggy on Tuesday and Crewe looked fresher ( not surprisingly).
I would be surprised if there were not 2 to 3 changes
I would definitely bring Bodin back if fit.

I thought that some of the players looked a bit leggy on Tuesday and Crewe looked fresher ( not surprisingly).
I would be surprised if there were not 2 to 3 changes
I would definitely bring Bodin back if fit.
Crewe had more of a break than us though due to their game being called off which naturally made them fresher. For this game Cambridge on the other hand played on Tuesday just like we did.

Yes if players are low on energy I’d agree bring them in, with Bodin and McGuane good candidates (maybe Marcus Browne on the bench as well?) but I wouldn’t like to see a formation change or wholesale changes just for the sake of it.

Judging by KRs comments in the preview I think we could see a (welcome) return to 433 and potentially Browne/Henry on the bench.

Whilst I do like 352 particularly against stronger teams, it's a hard one to switch out of (given players available) whereas if we start in a 433, we can revert to 352 easier, should the game require. This does mean a return to Seddon at LB....which I have reservations about, but in the main, happy with.

Plus you have got to have wingers in tomorrows game....wouldn't be right otherwise.

No big changes for me. Whilst Kane is a touch out of sorts at the moment, he is still stand out at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom