£250,000 signing for £2 quid

Lincoln.yellow1

Would you spend £2.00 extra at every home game to be guaranteed at £250,000 striker came into the club every pre-season every year over and above the clubs player budget....??? yes, of course we would....!
Here’s the maths.......!!
Our average home attendance (home fans only) is around the 6000 mark......
We have 23 home league games each season..... (excluding any cup games)
Put a £2 levy on on all (home) tickets sold
Put a £2 levy on each game for season ticket holders (£46 quid over a season)
That would give you 6000 (average gate) x 23 (amount of home games) = 138,000 x that by the £2 quid meaning a staggering £276,000 which would definitely bring in an above average striker in league 1, or alternatively bring in a player out of contract and pay above the going rate in wages to possibly atract a championship player...??
12th man fundraising worked before, it could work again.....
Ps
No, I haven’t got anything better to do this morning apart from trying to get motivated for our disintegrating season....!

Would you spend £2.00 extra at every home game to be guaranteed at £250,000 striker came into the club every pre-season every year over and above the clubs player budget....??? yes, of course we would....!
Here’s the maths.......!!
Our average home attendance (home fans only) is around the 6000 mark......
We have 23 home league games each season..... (excluding any cup games)
Put a £2 levy on on all (home) tickets sold
Put a £2 levy on each game for season ticket holders (£46 quid over a season)
That would give you 6000 (average gate) x 23 (amount of home games) = 138,000 x that by the £2 quid meaning a staggering £276,000 which would definitely bring in an above average striker in league 1, or alternatively bring in a player out of contract and pay above the going rate in wages to possibly atract a championship player...??
12th man fundraising worked before, it could work again.....
Ps
No, I haven’t got anything better to do this morning apart from trying to get motivated for our disintegrating season....!
li

Interesting concept @Lincolyellow1 ....given OUFC have a few board members who have got a few quid, some of which will be hopefully invested in OUFC, a bit of genuine information regarding certain board members involvement in the club, especially financially, would be enlightening.....trouble is for what ever reason mushroom treatment is all that's on offer from the current regime. Question is why?

Trouble is said £250k striker also requires a salary, agents fee`s etc.

Would I trust the current crop to invest wisely? In true Dragons Den style............. I`m out.

Would we get a bonus back if 'our' striker was sold on for a couple of million?

Is £250,000 really going to get us a good enough striker? The top goalscorer in the leagues below are going for almost triple that. I think realistically to get a good League 1 goalscorer you need at least £500,000

Why don’t someone set up a player fund that supports can donate to, if say 6000 gave £5 that would give you 30k, some would give more some less but if we did it monthly/ weekly it would soon build up for the start of next season there should be a few quid

Why don’t someone set up a player fund that supports can donate to, if say 6000 gave £5 that would give you 30k, some would give more some less but if we did it monthly/ weekly it would soon build up for the start of next season there should be a few quid
Wasn't there during the dark days of the conference the 12th man fund set up initially to help fund players .. .. wasn't that dispensed with? Can't remember why, or what happened to 12th man fund in the end

Wasn't there during the dark days of the conference the 12th man fund set up initially to help fund players .. .. wasn't that dispensed with? Can't remember why, or what happened to 12th man fund in the end
It’s looking like the dark days are back

It’s looking like the dark days are back

Yes. Or paying past owners for the club. Or paying directors for the valuable work they do. Or paying Doris the tea lady because they've been locked out of their PayPal account.
Stuff like that.

She needs sacking, causes nothing but trouble & disruption! :ROFLMAO:(y)

She needs sacking, causes nothing but trouble & disruption! :ROFLMAO:(y)
Yeah, all the financial problems are down to her wage demands. I've heard we are trying to offload her to Northampton and will replace her with a kettle and a box of Lidl 'finest' (i.e. less crap) tea bags. Can't tell you where I heard this, but rest assured I'm ITK...

we would need to pay Tax on the income too so it wouldnt be the full amount......hmmm but would we actually pay it?!

The reality is it would be much less available after costs from a £2 increase

Mmm MAPP as boss apparently spent £250k plus for a certain Kane Hemmings.
MAPP was great OUFC manager but struggled with strikers.
Oh and no.manh supporters can't or won't pay for an extra striker.

I'd prefer if we were trying to raise cash as supporters then it went into a fund as some form of insurance if the worst does happen.

Just set up a New Co with say 10,000,000 shares available for allotment.

Each £2 subscription buys a share.

No income subject to tax as this is a share subscription.
Each subscriber has a share of the pot (diluted as further shares are issued)
Use shareholder funds to acquire assets (players)
Loan them to OUFC
Find a gem whose stock goes up in value and sell.
Profits after tax used to acquire further players and/or pay out a small dividend.

Simples....A bit like buying a share in horse bloodstock.

But I guess there are FA rules that block this scenario? Wasn’t Tevez owned by a consortium?

Just set up a New Co with say 10,000,000 shares available for allotment.

Each £2 subscription buys a share.

No income subject to tax as this is a share subscription.
Each subscriber has a share of the pot (diluted as further shares are issued)
Use shareholder funds to acquire assets (players)
Loan them to OUFC
Find a gem whose stock goes up in value and sell.
Profits after tax used to acquire further players and/or pay out a small dividend.

Simples....A bit like buying a share in horse bloodstock.

But I guess there are FA rules that block this scenario? Wasn’t Tevez owned by a consortium?

Yes, there are rules against 3rd party ownership.

Back
Top Bottom