Home Match Day Thread 25/9/2021 L1: OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big sporting day here. If feel like it’s a result that my boy is about equally excited for U’s-Gillingham as he is for the AFL grand final (being played in Perth for the first time ever) and Chelsea-Citeh (which is on at a time he can actually watch here).

Is Williams fit? His terrier-like speed is what we need to break the opposition up at the moment.

Big sporting day here. If feel like it’s a result that my boy is about equally excited for U’s-Gillingham as he is for the AFL grand final (being played in Perth for the first time ever) and Chelsea-Citeh (which is on at a time he can actually watch here).

Is Williams fit? His terrier-like speed is what we need to break the opposition up at the moment.
C’arn the Storm. And then the ‘Scray. Not holding out much hope for Europe. Three points vs the Gills would be a nice end to the day.

REF WATCH :

EuherZ0XEAQxk3L

RAF Sergeant Darren Drysdale, based at Waddington, Lincs, is today’s man in the middle.
Drysdale, 50 hit the headlines in February after locking heads with Ipswich striker Alan Judge at Portman Road.
The experienced official pleaded guilty to a charge of bringing the game into disrepute in March and was punished by the FA.

Previous Oxford Utd games:

February 2nd 2021 - Oxford Utd 3-1 AFC Wimbledon
September 19th 2020 - Oxford Utd 0-2 Sunderland
August 17th 2019 - Blackpool 2-1 Oxford Utd
April 19th 2019 - Oxford Utd 2-1 Charlton Athletic
November 24th 2018 - Bradford City 2-0 Oxford Utd
October 7th 2017 - Oxford Utd 3-0 AFC Wimbledon

First Oxford Utd game:

October 19th 2004 - Oxford Utd 1-2 Darlington

Close game could go either way
Last year we were awful for 80 minutes but won, would go for that today.
Scrappy 1 0 will do,fed up with playing possession football with no result at the moment we need a win to install confidence

IMAGE FROM THE PAST :

Current Gills gaffer Steve Evans pictured for Albion Rovers in 1982-83.

EumSp6AXIAEDO-_

Come on Karl stick Whyte on the right. We've got to players in the right positions. We need goals nothing is really jelling it better start soon for Karl we got the ammo time to deliver a big win.

A crimson-faced Fatty Evans shouting and swearing at the officials was one of the highlights of last season. Let's hope for more of the same today. Will certainly be a tight one and I don't fancy us keeping a clean sheet.
2-1 to us

Match Day!

36C3B29E-062A-447F-9FE1-580028163BAE.jpeg
I’d like to see KR change the system, and go two up top, with Williams and Seddon as the wing backs, providing width and defensive cover, and Brannagan and Kane providing the bite and guile in midfield, spraying the passes about and Cam getting some long shots in.

With the wide players providing the crosses, and midfielders getting the ball into Taylor and Agyei’s feet, and Henry sat in the hole, working his magic, we could blow Gillingham away this afternoon!

But for such changes to occur, it would require a big shift in tactical thinking from the gaffer.

Go on Robbo, I dare ya!

Match Day!

View attachment 7211
I’d like to see KR change the system, and go two up top, with Williams and Seddon as the wing backs, providing width and defensive cover, and Brannagan and Kane providing the bite and guile in midfield, spraying the passes about and Cam getting some long shots in.

With the wide players providing the crosses, and midfielders getting the ball into Taylor and Agyei’s feet, and Henry sat in the hole, working his magic, we could blow Gillingham away this afternoon!

But for such changes to occur, it would require a big shift in tactical thinking from the gaffer.

Go on Robbo, I dare ya!
As a full back who only ever crossed the half way line to change ends at half time, I have an inherent distrust of 3/5 at the back, but i) do you think this provides the solidity we need at the back and ii) do you think we have the cover in the squad to continue the system if we lost one or two key people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom