Home Match Build Up 25/9/2021 L1: OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whyte needs to be on the right (or up front) - or not at all

Cooper is the only left winger not to have been given a chance there - why not try him?

Taylor’s recent form has been so poor that Agyei should be tried up front instead of him - see how he does for a start or two?

Sykes deserves to play as he’s been in form. Henry too.

Whyte needs to be on the right (or up front) - or not at all

Cooper is the only left winger not to have been given a chance there - why not try him?

Taylor’s recent form has been so poor that Agyei should be tried up front instead of him - see how he does for a start or two?

Sykes deserves to play as he’s been in form. Henry too.
Yeah I’d like to see Cooper or Bodin on the left, Whyte looks so unhappy there. Even Sykes would be preferable.

LINEUP111632441143424.png

Would never happen but I'd be interested to see something like this. Even here players like Winnall, Bodin, McGuane (okay, injured) aren't even making it into the 18, such an exciting squad but just need to make the most of it.

Players coming back two wins over the next week and a bit of form to take to some big games. Time to start moving up COYYs

On paper this batch of 5 games were all winnable. Previous years our slow start was against really top notch teams. If we don't win these next 2 then some serious questions need to be asked of KR

We have to win this one and the next one. Our away form is *so* awful that the home form has to be immaculate.

2-1 to us and at least one manager yellow carded (with a dog on the pitch as a nod to Amersham Dave).

Home form says win, only slightly more entertaining than the previous offering at the breeze block.

3-0 home win, Taylor(2) and Whyte with the goals. You heard it here first.

We will tomorrow, not got a clue why I feel we will but I just do.

We could help matters by playing Whyte on his preferred side but I doubt that will happen, Robinson would rather drop him than admit playing him on the left was a mistake.

Taylor will get both in a 2-1 win.

Granted, I’ve only been to 3 games this season, but Taylor to me, although not scoring goals, has always effected the games that I’ve seen. He’s a handful, loves to dive, wins free kicks, occupies defenders, makes intelligent runs at times…

It’s more the service and support he gets IMO, he’s clearly got a good footballing brain.

I'd like to us play with 3 centre backs with wing backs, I think that could really suit us this season. Should make us more solid at the back but we still have enough going forward to score goals.

I'd like to us play with 3 centre backs with wing backs, I think that could really suit us this season. Should make us more solid at the back but we still have enough going forward to score goals.
Have you got the personnel though? Got to be ultra fit to fly up and down the wing for 90 minutes. Oxford lost 3 players to muscle injuries playing a high press against Crewe!

Have you got the personnel though? Got to be ultra fit to fly up and down the wing for 90 minutes. Oxford lost 3 players to muscle injuries playing a high press against Crewe!
Williams on the right, Seddon on the left, seems fine to me.

Granted, I’ve only been to 3 games this season, but Taylor to me, although not scoring goals, has always effected the games that I’ve seen. He’s a handful, loves to dive, wins free kicks, occupies defenders, makes intelligent runs at times…

It’s more the service and support he gets IMO, he’s clearly got a good footballing brain.
Absolutely right. Dan isn’t in the same class. Taylor has a football brain and uses it. He’s going through a rough patch but will come good.

I think if Moore is fit I would play him and McNally as a pair. Gills will pump the ball up to Oliver and they rely on set pieces a lot. I like Thorniley he is decent but his weakness is in the air and sometimes gets out muscled. Plus McNally is our player and he is coming along nicely.
Start with Sykes on the right but if things are not going well bring on Gav on his favoured side for the last half hour. We need to finish off some of the lovely moves we are producing. Pretty football is pointless unless you finish the job.

Williams on the right, Seddon on the left, seems fine to me.
I won’t pretend to know much about them, but trust your judgement. If they can cross a ball it’ll be a bonus. I have noticed that defenders stand off wingers in this division, but usually to no harm because the crosses aren’t brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom