Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/9/18 OUFC v Manchester City Match day thread+++

Terrible and dangerous. I was caught up in that and there were kids and parents panicking because they were getting squashed. We challenged the stewards who didn't know what to do. In the end, someone who was very close to me kicked the fence down and some of us for through. Informed a copper and he was clueless too. Would they fence off the coach if it was Rochdale or Rotherham? Of course not. Whoever made that decision needs to explain and also apologise to all the fans that were being squashed. At the very least, they should have informed the supporters by way of a P.A. announcement and briefed the stewards. Absolutely appalling.

@Sarge stayed till the end and was back in Leicester by not too much after midnight!!
It looked a complete & utter farce in the car parks..... but I was able to cut through to BBL, jump in the car and away! :)

It was a terrible mistake to put the coach and barricades there. It narrowed the only passing space to a small dark gap that led to crushing. I saw one man stumble over the curb in the dark and it was very hard to pick him back up as everyone was packed like sardines. When asked to move the barriers to let please pass safely the stewards just said they were doing their jobs. Nobody seemed to be in charge and able to take responsibility and a possibly dangerous situation arose to presumably pander to the premiership darlings.

Yep, you know we cant have riffraff getting close to the superstar footballers.

Amazed the club agreed to that tbh.

I jsut went through the Manchester City players who appeared last night on TransferMarkt:

Arijanet Muric ?
John Stones £49.5m
Nicolás Otamendi £31.5m
Vincent Kompany £9m
Danilo £18m
Oleksandr Zinchenko £13.5m
Phil Foden £6.3m
David Silva £27m
Gabriel Jesus £72m
Riyad Mahrez £54m
Brahim Diaz £4.5m
Subs
Adrian Bernabe ?
Ilkay Gündogan £36m
Raheem Sterling £81m

We faced over £402m 'worth' of talent yesterday. Blimey. Not exactly a level playing field is it!

And people are upset we didnt create much...they had Danilo, signed from Madrid, Kompany and Otamendi (Belgium and Argentina Internationals) then Zinchenko who I would say, along with Foden was the Man City MOTM

Parked on Grenoble Road itself in the marked area opposite the science park facing away from The ground. Got back to Derby for midnight despite getting caught in the situation by the Man City coach for 10mins or so. Moronic decision to allow coach and barriers to be moved. The police just stood by the cars were really unhelpful just saying "we can hear on the radio that stewards are aware" and doing naff all themselves.

No issue with the coach being there but barriers should have been opened up to allow people to pass either side until City were actually going to come out. Incredibly bad crowd management.

He is the manager, the face of the club. He should not be getting involved in the stadium politics. I believe he'd do anything to look good in the eyes of the fans.

If we were at the top of the League everyone would be loving KR for the way he is. I'd rather see someone who gives a shite than a company man that doesn't relate to the terraces.

@Sarge stayed till the end and was back in Leicester by not too much after midnight!!
It looked a complete & utter farce in the car parks..... but I was able to cut through to BBL, jump in the car and away! :)
That was part of the problem for me @Essexyellows....not being to quick when walking , going from SSL to the north stand corner after the final whistle, to cut through to bbl, only to discover the riot fence was in place (if there was an announcement the fence was in use, as agreed by OUFC!, I along with a number of others didn't hear it) then retracing my steps to then be confronted by man city coach fenced off in effect making the way past the quadrangle (badly lit) impassable for some time, eventually going round the top of east stand and through to bbl to where I was parked....then the added bonus of being stuck on watlington road for well over 40 mins. .... I expect the fence to be in use on Tues for Luton, I really didn't expect it to be in place last night (why no announcement?) Nor did I expect usual access for the away team coach to be discarded to give the prima donas 5 star treatment at the expense of paying customers attempting to get home.....big game like last night the match day experience experienced by daytripping plastics won't have done much to coax any of them back anytime soon due to the inexplicable stewarding decisions for crowd control post match. Is that what's called a massive own goal by OUFC head of safety? I for one think it most certainly was

Terrible and dangerous. I was caught up in that and there were kids and parents panicking because they were getting squashed. We challenged the stewards who didn't know what to do. In the end, someone who was very close to me kicked the fence down and some of us for through. Informed a copper and he was clueless too. Would they fence off the coach if it was Rochdale or Rotherham? Of course not. Whoever made that decision needs to explain and also apologise to all the fans that were being squashed. At the very least, they should have informed the supporters by way of a P.A. announcement and briefed the stewards. Absolutely appalling.

Especially silly given that the blockade behind the North Stand prevented exiting that way round the stadium. Farcical.

Just goes to show what a talented team they are, with so much squad depth it’s frightening.

People on here saying we should of attacked them more. Yes it would of been nice, but then you run the risk of conceding goals, because of the pace, and quick passing football Man City can play. It showed with there second goal, we attacked lost the ball, and bang 2-0.

Like PRB said that cross field volleyed pass, was sensational. Never forget that!

That pass was unbelievable was sat in the SSU and had a perfect view. junior pompeyyellow just looked at me and said how did he see that pass.

Reflections the morning after the night before.... ultras east stand display was quality welcoming the players on pitch...competitive performance, albeit a defensive set up (obviously), from the entire U's players who had been selected, subs included. They weren't over awed, they all put in a shift and gave 100%, play like that in the league & climb up league 1....special mentions for loanee keeper mitchell, sam long, Curtis nelson & Shandon baptiste.... city's keeper was barely tested, was it our lack of firepower or was it their multi million defence ensuring the occasional U's forays forward were snuffed out?.... proud of my team. .....how many daytrippers exiting the game with 10 mins to go ,in their half n half scarves ,will be at Tuesday's home game (v luton)?........ several(linked) issues post match. Wasn't the club SUPPOSED to make it known that the metal fence would be in use post match? If it was announced I and a few others too weren't aware, walked from fence end s s lower to north stand corner to be turned back and told to go round the other way( past the fence end, south stand lower , east stand& top end of the north stand to get through to knights road) except for a while there was no way through as the prima donas coach was fenced off outside the quadrangle and stewards refusing to let anyone through for a time. Why was there the anti riot fence in place in the first place? Over zealous anticipation of stopping incidents that wouldn't happen .. .why was access to knights road for those (of us) in ssl (fence end) impossible for over 30mins post match? .... .final thought why wasnt there a few police officers deployed on point duty to counteract the massive tailbacks in the main caused by uncordinated trafficlights at heyford hill and watlington rd/bmw roundbouts, or at least switch off the traffic lights for half hour? With the ridiculously disasterous debacle of mismanagement of crowd (excelled your self there with your in flexible approach mr mixter) and vehicle egress from the area post match I didn't get back to Headington until 11.15pm! Expected a slight delay compared to usual home games, but I seriously didn't expect it to take over 2 hours from final whistle to travel a few miles home
Terrible and dangerous. I was caught up in that and there were kids and parents panicking because they were getting squashed. We challenged the stewards who didn't know what to do. In the end, someone who was very close to me kicked the fence down and some of us for through. Informed a copper and he clueless too. Would they fence off the coach if it was Rochdale or Rotherham? Of course not. Whoever made that decision needs to explain and also apologise to all the fans that were being squashed. At the very least, they should have informed the supporters by way of a P.A. announcement and briefed the stewards. Absolutely appalling.[/QUOTE
Re-fencing off City bus,could not believe it,older people with sticks ,wheel chairs,children,all being pushed.could have been very bad out come.

Reflections the morning after the night before.... ultras east stand display was quality welcoming the players on pitch...competitive performance, albeit a defensive set up (obviously), from the entire U's players who had been selected, subs included. They weren't over awed, they all put in a shift and gave 100%, play like that in the league & climb up league 1....special mentions for loanee keeper mitchell, sam long, Curtis nelson & Shandon baptiste.... city's keeper was barely tested, was it our lack of firepower or was it their multi million defence ensuring the occasional U's forays forward were snuffed out?.... proud of my team. .....how many daytrippers exiting the game with 10 mins to go ,in their half n half scarves ,will be at Tuesday's home game (v luton)?........ several(linked) issues post match. Wasn't the club SUPPOSED to make it known that the metal fence would be in use post match? If it was announced I and a few others too weren't aware, walked from fence end s s lower to north stand corner to be turned back and told to go round the other way( past the fence end, south stand lower , east stand& top end of the north stand to get through to knights road) except for a while there was no way through as the prima donas coach was fenced off outside the quadrangle and stewards refusing to let anyone through for a time. Why was there the anti riot fence in place in the first place? Over zealous anticipation of stopping incidents that wouldn't happen .. .why was access to knights road for those (of us) in ssl (fence end) impossible for over 30mins post match? .... .final thought why wasnt there a few police officers deployed on point duty to counteract the massive tailbacks in the main caused by uncordinated trafficlights at heyford hill and watlington rd/bmw roundbouts, or at least switch off the traffic lights for half hour? With the ridiculously disasterous debacle of mismanagement of crowd (excelled your self there with your in flexible approach mr mixter) and vehicle egress from the area post match I didn't get back to Headington until 11.15pm! Expected a slight delay compared to usual home games, but I seriously didn't expect it to take over 2 hours from final whistle to travel a few miles home

Blimey I was back in Pompey at 11:30 had a great run and stayed behind to clap the lads of the pitch. Which the deserved. proud of all of them last night. I don't know what else they could of done different.

I stayed TIL the end and applauded the players off the pitch. Left the North stand straight to knights road. Got the bus at Pegasus rd. off at st Clements caught bus to barton and Home by 10.20. Simples ?

I used the Unipart park-and-ride. bus from spindleberry close stop on knight's road back to unipart took about ten minutes, then ten minutes or so to get back out onto garsington road and then to the ring road by 10:15pm . relatively painless compared to using the stadium car parks.

Blimey I was back in Pompey at 11:30 had a great run and stayed behind to clap the lads of the pitch. Which the deserved. proud of all of them last night. I don't know what else they could of done different.
I was fast asleep by 11.30 and don't live locally. But did assume the bovver barrier would be in place and planned to avoid it.

As an aside, the people that I've spoken to this morning all had a good time last night and there is little negativity to how we played or the result.

If I hadn't had to(try to) circumnavigate the breeze block in both directions I probably would've got across Oxford in about half hour . ..proud of the team of course @Pompeyyellows ......however, what could've been different post match was clearly announcing the north stand fence would be used, and also allowing the prima donas team coach outside the quadrangle before the end of the game, to park facing the wrong way, and too far out and then to fence it off (a club desicion I'm told the fencing was) thus making access through to bbl impossible for 30 mins for anyone in SSL (fence end), I think certainly could have been differently handled. Announcing the fence is in use was something OUFC have said they would do.. .instead of telling city team coach driver to do one &come back post match, or even to turn round and park closer to quadrangle, instead, it seems, the stewards there were absolutely starstruck and went totally away from usual home match procedures. Again that could have been handled differently I think

I stayed TIL the end and applauded the players off the pitch. Left the North stand straight to knights road. Got the bus at Pegasus rd. off at st Clements caught bus to barton and Home by 10.20. Simples ?
For those in ssl (fence end) that wasnt possible with the fence in use (unannounced ) behind north stand....and the superstars coach driver playing and getting away with being Billy big B*****s and cutting off access from SSL (fence end) past the quadrangle to go round the top past east stand....I was parked near the bird and needed to get through to knights road....problem was from SSL (fence end) due to a combination of stewarding decisions (fence behind north stand, allowing away team coach to park badly then fence it off outside the south stand) it took over 30mins after final whistle (&applauding the team off) to actually get from SSL (fence end) to knights road....which really wasn't all that helpful at all

If I hadn't had to(try to) circumnavigate the breeze block in both directions I probably would've got across Oxford in about half hour . ..proud of the team of course @Pompeyyellows ......however, what could've been different post match was clearly announcing the north stand fence would be used, and also allowing the prima donas team coach outside the quadrangle before the end of the game, to park facing the wrong way, and too far out and then to fence it off (a club desicion I'm told the fencing was) thus making access through to bbl impossible for 30 mins for anyone in SSL (fence end), I think certainly could have been differently handled. Announcing the fence is in use was something OUFC have said they would do.. .instead of telling city team coach driver to do one &come back post match, or even to turn round and park closer to quadrangle, instead, it seems, the stewards there were absolutely starstruck and went totally away from usual home match procedures. Again that could have been handled differently I think

Answer me this Sarge, the put the barrier up to prevent Oxford fans from making their way to their cars as it is easier and quicker to get to the car park , but they allow away supporters to go round the barrier to get to their cars and through to knights road to get the bus and why only a barrier to what I can only assume is to prevent disorder when surely where is the barrier the other end??

Answer me this Sarge, the put the barrier up to prevent Oxford fans from making their way to their cars as it is easier and quicker to get to the car park , but they allow away supporters to go round the barrier to get to their cars and through to knights road to get the bus and why only a barrier to what I can only assume is to prevent disorder when surely where is the barrier the other end??
Because Oxford fans ,even older ones with a walking stick to aid walking,are lower than pond life and should be treated with contempt at all times? At least thats how it seems....yep city fans were let through but oxford fans were refused acess through the fence behind north stand (steward 124 take a bow!!!) and sent the other way round the breeze block only to encounter an impass caused initially by the arrogant actions of city's team bus driver and compounded by stewards n OUFC kowtowing to the multi millionaire aristocrats, at the expense of causing inconvenience to many Oxford fans who are paying customers, which appears to have slipped the minds of stewards and OUFC admin last night @bazzer9461

Its TVPs/Mixters favourite toy and deployed at every opportunity.
@PC956S ............................... what was the alleged "threat level" last night compared to any other game?
The steward was rather shocked when a couple of my friends (City fans) walked round, we shook hands and walked off.
Just another petty inconvenience that ruins the experience for supporters.

I dont get it???? can someone please draw a diagram? i only saw the coach parked in its usual place and that was after nearly everyone had gone.....why didnt people walk thru the hotel car park?? ( i know they shouldnt have had to) ....dont get it....................... and surely Greenoble rd wasnt shut off??

Back
Top Bottom