+++ 25/01/20 Newcastle United v OUFC FAC +++

Many are forgetting that sky and Bt have the prem games so the likes of Bbc only have the cups to show prem teams live, Bt had Newcastle Rochdale so less likely they pick Newcastle again. after what just happened the BBC will stick with Liverpool v Shrewsbury and with Spurs in a mess and the special one at the helm that was already nailed on for tv and likely Bt go with it.

Klopp has said that the kids will play the replay as they will be on their winter break

Uncanny foresight. Lottery numbers for next week?

You will be able to buy us a new ground with all the money you lumped on Shrewsbury to get a draw when they were 2 down to the best team (well their reserves) in the world then?

I assume a “good natured” pitch invasion will be allowed at full time. Watch Shrewsbury fans walk on at full time and it seemed to be encouraged. ?

Surely it will be us before southampton spurs fingers crossed. Presumably no decisions will be made until tuesday

I think BT Sport will show the Liverpool game. Then it’s a toss up if the BBC want to go for an all Premiership tie of Spurs vs Southampton, which they probably will as they never get to show PL fixtures, and they love the Mourinho story, or the possible cup upset of a L1 team at home to a PL side which they also like. Sadly I think they will opt for the former

With Klop now insisting that he won't play his first team nor will he manage the team for the replay, it's looking more likely that Shrewsbury will have a chance in the replay.
On that basis a "shock" result is more likely along with a news story to highlight the ludicrous situation of the Premiership "winter break" nonsense.

We, on the other hand, will manage very well to play 9 games in February!

LTV broadcasts their junior matches live so I would suggest BT and the BBC leave well alone. If the BBC do choose LFC are they not supporting prem clubs in undermining one of the BBC prized sporting assets.

With Klop now insisting that he won't play his first team nor will he manage the team for the replay, it's looking more likely that Shrewsbury will have a chance in the replay.
On that basis a "shock" result is more likely along with a news story to highlight the ludicrous situation of the Premiership "winter break" nonsense.

We, on the other hand, will manage very well to play 9 games in February!

It’s funny that premier league clubs with squads of 40 plus players complain about the amount of games they have to play, Liverpool will have an entire second eleven on a couple of million a year each which would win league one so just play them, yet we have 9 games to play in the shortest month of the year with about a third of our starting eleven injured and just get on with it. They have virtually won their league as well, Klopp is a good football manager but a right whinging c**t, he fits in well with the scousers.

On a side note this must be the most games we have ever played in February?

Quality weekend, good to see Gorrin back on it again after few shaky games. Confident we will do them at home, but if we draw city at home I wouldn't be too bothered if we don't. Look forward to the ticket thread always provides entertainment.

Tomorrow I reckon latest Wednesday. Because clubs need to sort out the tickets for both sets of fans.

My thoughts on Liverpool;

Stopped us competing in European competition the season 86-87. I don’t forget.

51 players listed in their squad on Soccerbase

Should have played a stronger team last night

Showing complete disrespect to the competition by playing “their kids” in the Shrewsbury replay.

Lets hope we meet them in round 5

It's a shame we weren't drawn against Liverpool because I believe we'd have taken them yesterday. And we would wipe the floor with the team they'll field in the replay. Highly embarrassing for Everton as Shrews played against a stronger Liverpool team than Everton's first team were against in the previous round.

TV would would be mad (and incorrect) not to show the Liverpool game in my opinion.

If we had salvaged a 2-2 draw against them (even if it were their reserves), most on here would be incredulous if the replay wasn’t picked up for broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom