+++ 25/01/20 Newcastle United v OUFC FAC +++

Have to laugh at the NUFC fans - think they has some sort of entitlement about beating a "L1 team" - clearly have absolutely no idea of the Who's who in our league - "toothless" and so why they think they will hammer us at the Kastad is beyond belief - we certainly weren't at full strength today and I fully expect us to win at home, so we have a better chance of winning the FA cup this year than they do! Even suggestions we will be in trouble if "the saudis take over" there - again expecting a 2 week turn around??? - and probably don't realise that Newcastle Brown /alcohol won't be sold at SJP if they do..... pathetic bunch really who wear their shirts 365 days a year and live in a Tyneside bubble . Time to wind them up on SM
I mean FWIW I think they have every right to feel entitled to beating a L1 team - their striker cost more than I’m pretty sure every asset we have put together, including the stadium. They seem to be a pretty decent bunch, even the one I saw who replied to OUFC’s tweet of the result accusing us of being dirty was ultimately talked down by some level headed oxford fans to admitting he was just frustrated with his team’s performance, which he has every right to be. That club is imo one of the great institutions of British football and they’re being, if not destroyed, then supremely limited by their owner, and their fans have every right to be frustrated.

Thought it was a decent day out, great cathedral of football, we had a plan and executed it superbly.
Probably the most interesting aspect was just how cravenly limited Newcastle were. Joelinton was appalling. Gorrin the best player on the field by a mile. Newcastle have good central defenders but play with zilch sparkle; there is nothing saying ‘beautiful game’ with a Steve Bruce team.
On the down side we never really looked like scoring even though we had best two chances. Reckon we’ll sort them in the replay if our big three get on the pitch.
Finally, Mackie has run his race and shouldn’t start any more games. He was very poor today.

Just think, we could replace Gorrin, Baptiste, Sykes and Mackie with Kelly, Branagan, Thorne and Taylor in the replay, with Henry also likely to be available, along with any new players who aren't cup-tied. Strength in depth if we pick up no more injuries.

Just think, we could replace Gorrin, Baptiste, Sykes and Mackie with Kelly, Branagan, Thorne and Taylor in the replay, with Henry also likely to be available, along with any new players who aren't cup-tied. Strength in depth if we pick up no more injuries.

Could do but wouldn’t. Also I don’t think you can use players in the replay who weren’t signed for the first game as I heard on the radio on way back?

Thought it was a decent day out, great cathedral of football, we had a plan and executed it superbly.
Probably the most interesting aspect was just how cravenly limited Newcastle were. Joelinton was appalling. Gorrin the best player on the field by a mile. Newcastle have good central defenders but play with zilch sparkle; there is nothing saying ‘beautiful game’ with a Steve Bruce team.
On the down side we never really looked like scoring even though we had best two chances. Reckon we’ll sort them in the replay if our big three get on the pitch.
Finally, Mackie has run his race and shouldn’t start any more games. He was very poor today.

never looked like scoring? Really? Browne’s chance was easily the best chance of the game, then there was his other chance, Holland’s and Dickies header.

Could do but wouldn’t. Also I don’t think you can use players in the replay who weren’t signed for the first game as I heard on the radio on way back?
But I think he means that those that are here now, you don’t have to start the replay with the same starting line up as the initial game

The only concern with Gorrin he’s likely to get a yellow or worse.
Holland is a game changer, and if we can have Henry and Branagan in we must have a great chance.
To get a draw there is incredible and against a strong team when we are light is no mean feat.
Hope the replY is on BT Sport

Been home for an hour now and loved the day. I wasn’t surprised about our singing, second to none. I was surprised the lack of crowd noise from our hosts, apart from the two offside efforts.
The stewards were brilliant, they managed to find some seats for my son and I rather than the row x ones we had.
The best thing though, this was the first game for my son. Afterwards he told me the team he wanted to support from now on...Oxford United.
Very proud dad.

Been home for an hour now and loved the day. I wasn’t surprised about our singing, second to none. I was surprised the lack of crowd noise from our hosts, apart from the two offside efforts.
The stewards were brilliant, they managed to find some seats for my son and I rather than the row x ones we had.
The best thing though, this was the first game for my son. Afterwards he told me the team he wanted to support from now on...Oxford United.
Very proud dad.
Bloody stupid from me but, brings a tear to my eyes. Good for you and good for your son.

Back
Top Bottom