+++ 25/01/20 Newcastle United v OUFC FAC +++

I think with the pace we now have we should play without a striker and run round them like we did at the end of the Charlton game a few years ago. Loved watching that :)

(P.S. disclaimer: I am not a football manager or coach)

Usually just find on the day, can inbox you one when I find a goodie if you like? Assuming it's not on iFollow, of course.
Are you using a VPN if so which one is good

Loungers arrived at hotel to find that it's Chinese New Year festivities on Saturday night and all day Sunday. They are closing Stowell Street from 09:40 until 16:30 on Sunday. This means no access to the car park during those hours. We're in the Premier Inn who have advised us to move the car, after the game, to the St James car park which is free. Not as close and only 50 spaces so it may be that one or one of the others nearby. Pain in the a**e as it's that or move the car before 09:40 on Sunday - no lie in for me then! Might have to be as I don't fancy leaving the car in an open car park on a Saturday night in a big city.

Those already in Newcastle may be tempted by this invite, that was posted on OWS FB page a fins ago ....

Oxford United Official
8 mins ·
Karl, Matty Taylor & Cameron Brannagan will be joining our friends at @bbcoxfordsport in the bar area of Newcastle Central Travelogue, Forster Street.
If you’re in town come along and have a chat. It’s happy hour! ? #OUFC

Those already in Newcastle may be tempted by this invite, that was posted on OWS FB page a fins ago ....

Oxford United Official
8 mins ·
Karl, Matty Taylor & Cameron Brannagan will be joining our friends at @bbcoxfordsport in the bar area of Newcastle Central Travelogue, Forster Street.
If you’re in town come along and have a chat. It’s happy hour! ? #OUFC
Would take us over 15 minutes just to get there so, too late. Mind you, who would want to have a drink in a Travel Lodge??!!

Is the match on any UK accessible website...it's not on i-Follow, BBC or BT Sport?

Loungers arrived at hotel to find that it's Chinese New Year festivities on Saturday night and all day Sunday. They are closing Stowell Street from 09:40 until 16:30 on Sunday. This means no access to the car park during those hours. We're in the Premier Inn who have advised us to move the car, after the game, to the St James car park which is free. Not as close and only 50 spaces so it may be that one or one of the others nearby. Pain in the a**e as it's that or move the car before 09:40 on Sunday - no lie in for me then! Might have to be as I don't fancy leaving the car in an open car park on a Saturday night in a big city.
Damn. Us too. Presume we can get INTO the car park on Saturday midday?? We’ve already booked the ticket so will be asking for a refund!

Damn. Us too. Presume we can get INTO the car park on Saturday midday?? We’ve already booked the ticket so will be asking for a refund!
Getting in on Saturday will be fine, it's getting out again on Sunday. Either before 09:40 or not until 16:30. Hotel weren't informed by local council until last minute so they are just as annoyed as we are. Apparently it's quite a big thing here with China town right on the door step. At a guess, many of the restaurants will have private functions. Lots of fireworks too?

Think it will be like the Brentford game last season. We’ll huff and puff but the lack of anything resembling a striker will hurt us. Unless KR does the decent thing and starts Agyei.

Still, take the money and run. We’ve done alright from the cups and we have the League to contend with.

Newcastle 2 Oxford 0.

all those that traveled up today I trust you had a a safe journey and enjoy your night on the toon but please spare a thought for the masses of people coming up tomorrow on the coaches it’s going to be a long day ?
Drive up today was straightforward. No delays of more than a couple of minutes dodging the usual middle lane hoggers. M1 is now mostly "smart" motorway i.e. lots of speed cameras. Satnav did a splendid job of picking them all up and we got through fine. Two stops on the way for a coffee and a stretch and total journey time for 364 miles under 6 hours. Can't be arsed with much of a night out tonight so having a steak and a bottle of red next door to the hotel.
Sell out crowd tomorrow, going to be a big day! OUFC to score first and give us a good afternoon.

Put on a face mask and tell them you feel a bit fluey. Should clear the streets.
Meanwhile I know it's Happy Hour and I know I'm getting old but gosh there is some wildlife out in the city centre at this early hour.

Put on a face mask and tell them you feel a bit fluey. Should clear the streets.
Meanwhile I know it's Happy Hour and I know I'm getting old but gosh there is some wildlife out in the city centre at this early hour.

They are probably saying the same thing about you ?

Back
Top Bottom