Away Match Day Thread 24/8/21 Carabao Cup: QPR v OUFC

We need someone who can convert these chances, second game running lots are going begging.

With lcp it was also the basics that he was getting wrong, being out of position. There were instances where he was caught in a midfield position, when he was meant to be defending.
LCP is a midfielder with bags of potential. He is not a defender. Blame Robinson.

LCP is a midfielder with bags of potential. He is not a defender. Blame Robinson.
? Why 'blame ' anybody?
LCP did very well against Burton at left back.

Tuchel at Dortmund always played young players in a variety of positions. He hasn't done so bad in developing players. Seems that some Oxford fans want to pigeon young players as to only being able to play in 1 position.

I suspect that LCP learned a huge amount yesterday and has he been protected better hecwouodchave done pretty well

Blame the fact that all those who can play right back are injured.
Blame the manager for sticking a youngster in an unfamiliar position against a championship side, with little or no cover in front of him. How to destroy the lad’s confidence, eh?

For Dickies goal don't blame the defenders he should never have got that far. It was Winnalls feeble failed attempt at winning the ball from Easty's kick and letting Dickie get in front of him that started it off. Good play from Dickie but Winnal just let him have it!!

As I said, blaming no one:
We need someone who can convert these chances, second game running lots are going begging.
ALL A FACT!
With lcp it was also the basics that he was getting wrong, being out of position. There were instances where he was caught in a midfield position, when he was meant to be defending.
ALL SEEN!

ALL A FACT!
ALL SEEN!

Yeah, yeah. You hate our youth players, heard it all before.

A FACT!

ALL A FACT!
ALL SEEN!
When lcp wasn't getting any help from agyei what was he supposed to do go to the player or stay. He needed help and didn't get any so we can't blame lcp. I'd rather he made mistakes in a cup game then a league game. He looked class going forward he is a big asset for us

When lcp wasn't getting any help from agyei what was he supposed to do go to the player or stay. He needed help and didn't get any so we can't blame lcp. I'd rather he made mistakes in a cup game then a league game. He looked class going forward he is a big asset for us
His role was that of a full back, I'm simply saying that was what his role was on the night, and he got caught out on too many occasions. That should have been his primary focus. It was typified in the highlights, where he came screaming back from a midfield position, when he should have been in defence.
He needs the experience of a decent loan period, playing week in week out, to give him the confidence he needs in one position and not be swapped between two completely different ones.

His role was that of a full back, I'm simply saying that was what his role was on the night, and he got caught out on too many occasions. That should have been his primary focus. It was typified in the highlights, where he came screaming back from a midfield position, when he should have been in defence.
He needs the experience of a decent loan period, playing week in week out, to give him the confidence he needs in one position and not be swapped between two completely different ones.
Playing right back is not completely different to playing left back

But for his development, if he is to get to league 1 standard he needs a run of games where he is being asked to play in one position consistently.
I think its better to play in numerous positions which will give you a broader understanding of the game.
The 1970s Dutch team were acknowledged as one of the greatest teams of all time and they played total football where the outfield players were all capable of playing any position. Maybe before your time, google them.

Last edited:
I think its better to play in numerous positions which will give you a broader understanding of the game.
The 1970s Dutch team were acknowledged as one of the greatest teams of all time and they played total football where the outfield players were all capable of playing any position. Maybe before your time, google them.
Oh, I remember them, but as you say that was nearly 50 years ago, the game has changed. Could you imagine Messi being played in 2/3 different positions? I believe this is especially important for youngsters

Oh, I remember them, but as you say that was nearly 50 years ago, the game has changed. Could you imagine Messi being played in 2/3 different positions? I believe this is especially important for youngsters

What, Messi playing Forward, Right-forward and attacking midfield for example?

Like he does you mean?

Back
Top Bottom