Away Match Day Thread 24/8/21 Carabao Cup: QPR v OUFC

Malc

Staff member
Match day again. A good cup run is nice. Let's storm over the Hoops.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

If you've got a large WANG (on your replica shirt) get it out and show it to everyone! My first away game for two years, 2,000 yellows making all the noise, I didn't sleep well last night due to the butterflies in the stomach, I've missed this. COYY.

If you've got a large WANG (on your replica shirt) get it out and show it to everyone! My first away game for two years, 2,000 yellows making all the noise, I didn't sleep well last night due to the butterflies in the stomach, I've missed this. COYY.
I think we all know Gavin Whyte's celebration will be tonight if he scores..

Nice to go there without the pressure. It would be nice to have a good cup run. Injuries aside,
we can give it a right go and see if they can handle it.
Beating them would be a brilliant statement of intent for this season and will help build on our momentum. COYY

I think we will nick it tonight 2-1 also, Holland and Winnall on the scoresheet :)
How many tickets we sold the mail said in excess of 2000 im sure we was allocated 2000.

Almost impossible to predict the result until we know the teams. If they put out a full strength team and we include youngsters and fringe players it will be a very different game than if the reverse is true!

Hopefully we will progress.

iFollow for me tonight unfortunately.

Can't wait for this. Meeting around six others before. No pressure on the result, although a cup run is always good for momentum on and off the field.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE:

Tonight’s referee is Wakefield based Tom Nield who works as a Nursing Manager in the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust.

Nield took charge of 32 EFL games in 2020-2021 issuing 109 yellow cards and three reds.

Last five Oxford U matches refereed:

March 6th 2021 - Oxford Utd 0-0 Charlton ( Nield awarded the Addicks a soft last gasp spot kick)
January 14th 2020 - Oxford Utd 0-0 Ipswich
November 23rd 2019 - Southend 0-4 Oxford Utd
October 18th 2018 - Bristol R 0-0 Oxford Utd
September 30th 2017 - Peterboro 1-4 Oxford Utd

EyJxy5SWQAQoKfy

Ah!, that would explain his miss on Saturday, rush of blood when he saw the goal opening up.
That would put him well off balance based on certain pictures that were circulated a few years ago!

A shame there's no video streams for this one. Reckon we'll see a lot of changes with players needing minutes getting a start and a couple of youth lads.

Easty
Forde Moore McNally LCP
Johnson
McGuane CamBran
Holland Agyei Cooper

2-1 win with Cooper and Holland scoring after a Dickie opener in the first 10. Dickie signs for Villa or Newcastle or some other Prem team and we come home with 3 million quid and Todd Kane on our bus.

Win by an odd goal........... and noise, lots of noise because it`s a proper football ground.

This match against QPR in the whatever cup it is called now brings back a few memories of 86 but not attending it or even watching it on the day. I will explain. In the 80s I was part of the Royal Green Jackets Parachute Display Team, not a display jumper though I did quite a few non display jumps but amongst my other roles I was the commentator. We had been asked by the Milk Marketing Board in 1984 to jump into Wembley for the final, Liverpool V Everton? and although in another role I persuaded the CAA and the Heathrow ATC to led us do it the weather stopped the actual display going ahead. In 1985 we were doing a job in Germany therefore the MMB instead invited another team who will remain nameless to do it instead. The Red Devils (oh I named them) made a right mess of it, jumped in poor conditions and put someone on the roof of the stadium and another broke his leg. Something like that anyway. 1986 the MMB asked us to do it again and as Oxford got closer to the final I got more excited about the whole thing. I could be walking out in front of all our supporters to do a comentary on a display being performed by what was in effect our counties own regiment (pre RGJ the Ox and Bucks LI and of course the KRRC and RB). Unfortunately at almost the last minute the CAA and Wembley authorities stepped in and banned all future parachute diaplays.

On the day and having the day off I went to my local in Winchester for a small lunchtime drink then back to my place to watch the match having been unable to get a ticket due to other work commitments. I fell asleep and missed the entire thing!!

Fast forward to 1994 and back in Oxford I moved into a house where the previous tenant had left all his VHS cassettes, amongst those was a copy of the match!! I tucked it away to watch later only to find when I went to watch it that someone had recorded Eastenders over it. I finally did watch the match when OUFC released in on DVD some years later.

I never did do a commenatry in front of all our fans although I did do WBA, Norwich and a couple of others I have forgotten now.

So tonight I shall be sat in front of the radio after work determined to listen to this one live and hoping Rob Dickie doesn't score although of course he will. 2 - 1 to us then..... (y)

Can someone who understands the thinking more than me explain why they don’t stream the game for, say £5 a pass? I’m sure quite a few would watch and it would generate income for the clubs, and the equipment is already set up and there? It’s a Tuesday night… you could have advertising in there at half time… for a sport which usually knows how to make as much money as possible, it doesn’t make sense to me?

This match against QPR in the whatever cup it is called now brings back a few memories of 86 but not attending it or even watching it on the day. I will explain. In the 80s I was part of the Royal Green Jackets Parachute Display Team, not a display jumper though I did quite a few non display jumps but amongst my other roles I was the commentator. We had been asked by the Milk Marketing Board in 1984 to jump into Wembley for the final, Liverpool V Everton? and although in another role I persuaded the CAA and the Heathrow ATC to led us do it the weather stopped the actual display going ahead. In 1985 we were doing a job in Germany therefore the MMB instead invited another team who will remain nameless to do it instead. The Red Devils (oh I named them) made a right mess of it, jumped in poor conditions and put someone on the roof of the stadium and another broke his leg. Something like that anyway. 1986 the MMB asked us to do it again and as Oxford got closer to the final I got more excited about the whole thing. I could be walking out in front of all our supporters to do a comentary on a display being performed by what was in effect our counties own regiment (pre RGJ the Ox and Bucks LI and of course the KRRC and RB). Unfortunately at almost the last minute the CAA and Wembley authorities stepped in and banned all future parachute diaplays.

On the day and having the day off I went to my local in Winchester for a small lunchtime drink then back to my place to watch the match having been unable to get a ticket due to other work commitments. I fell asleep and missed the entire thing!!

Fast forward to 1994 and back in Oxford I moved into a house where the previous tenant had left all his VHS cassettes, amongst those was a copy of the match!! I tucked it away to watch later only to find when I went to watch it that someone had recorded Eastenders over it. I finally did watch the match when OUFC released in on DVD some years later.

I never did do a commenatry in front of all our fans although I did do WBA, Norwich and a couple of others I have forgotten now.

So tonight I shall be sat in front of the radio after work determined to listen to this one live and hoping Rob Dickie doesn't score although of course he will. 2 - 1 to us then..... (y)

I'm not sure what emoji to give this, great story!

Back
Top Bottom