Away Match Day Thread +++ 24/2/18 Northampton Town vs OUFC matchday thread +++

Northampton very slowly clawing their way out of trouble. Oxford very slowly clawing their way into trouble. Northampton 11th in the form table (last 6 games). Oxford 21st in the form table. Not good.

faz spoke about a change in system before Plymouth, Northampton have lost against Gillingham and Rochdale this month who both operated in a back 3. Think we could see that tomorrow!

XI
Eastwood
Dickie Mousinho Martin
Kane Ledson Ruffels Ricardinho
Brannagan
Henry Obika

2-0
Dickie and Ricci

Sold out away end, nervy tie but we pull through.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mous Ricardinho
Mowatt Brannagan Ledson
Napa Henry IBR

Faz's only win came when we didn't play a ST so I wouldn't bother, 1-2, Henry and Kane.

New owner, new Chairman, new manager in the stands, it’s all making me feel quite positive about our trip to Northampton, which in itself is worrying.

I’m going for an away win , let’s say 1-3. Obika, Henry, Ricardinho.

I think it will be the same starting 11 as last week apart from the enforced absence of Rothwell, Ricardinho to deputise. Brannagan on the bench. Thomas didn’t even make the matchday squad against Argyle, I’m sure he will this time, Ruffels or Carroll will be the unlucky one to miss out this week.

faz spoke about a change in system before Plymouth, Northampton have lost against Gillingham and Rochdale this month who both operated in a back 3. Think we could see that tomorrow!

XI
Eastwood
Dickie Mousinho Martin
Kane Ledson Ruffels Ricardinho
Brannagan
Henry Obika

2-0
Dickie and Ricci

Sold out away end, nervy tie but we pull through.

Maybe a bow tie instead?

Hoping we can do another Charlton job on them, gonna go for a 1-2: (1-0, 1-1, 1-2)

Northampton 2 Oxford United 3 (Ledson, og, Kane) Att: 7223 with 1221 Yellows fans. A dog will run onto the pitch and bite Clint Eastwood, putting him out of action until Christmas. Tiger will wave to our fans and dislocate his shoulder. Kane won't be able and Dicker will stand proud in the defence. An Oxford fan, 'still living in the 70's, will sing: "You're gonna get what Aston Villa got!"........and be carted off to hospital. Kelvin Thomas will confess that he wanted to buy Oxford United FC, but was beaten to it at the last minute. Not much, but that just about does it for me.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's the best away fans pub ?
Not really any pubs round sixfields. More like "restaurants" with bars. If anyone likes their real ale I suggest stopping off at Towcester mill brewery (behind town centre, turn in by town hall/church) on the way. A nice little selection there.

Hope for a 2-0 win with goals from Henry and Ricardinhio(spelling?). Hopefully Craig Bellamy watching from the directors box. Fed up of losing to this irritation of a club

Northampton 2 Oxford United 3 (Ledson, og, Kane) Att: 7223 with 1221 Yellows fans. A dog will run onto the pitch and bite Clint Eastwood, putting out of action until Christmas. Tiger will wave to our fans and dislocate his shoulder. Kane won't be able and Dicker will stand proud in the defence. An Oxford fan, 'still living in the 70's, will sing: "You're gonna get what Aston Villa got!"........and be carted off to hospital. Kelvin Thomas will confess that he wanted to buy Oxford United FC, but was beaten to it at the last minute. Not much, but that just about does it for me.

At last! Welcome back Cuddy, I’ve missed these ?

Is it true that Liverpool turned down £1m from Wigan for him?
Hopefully he is the missing piece of the jigsaw

SUMRITH Thanakarnjanasuth to come on as a sub and score the winning goal in the 95th minute

I thought that I would get up the road for this one today.
Reckon we are gonna win!
I am expecting a good few yellows there to get behind the boys.
Lets forget the shite, and start afresh!!
‘Come on you yellows!!’

Back
Top Bottom