• Oxford United FC

• Portsmouth FC

• A draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
And yet another match. Portmouth are doing well, up with the leaders. But we are going to do our best to catch them up. Not going to be easy but if the lads have got some more confidence now we should give them a good run for their money. Hopefully they just look at our results and league postion and think it will be easy. Ha! we will surprise them.

A draw and I will be happy with anything more I will be ecstatic anything less an i will be as miserable as hell....... please no comments 🤣

And yet another match. Portmouth are doing well, up with the leaders. But we are going to do our best to catch them up. Not going to be easy but if the lads have got some more confidence now we should give them a good run for their money. Hopefully they just look at our results and league postion and think it will be easy. Ha! we will surprise them.
I doubt that. They have a score to settle don't forget.

A draw would be outstanding. Offered me it now and I’ll take it. Wigan was a step in the right direction but let’s not pretend it was a total football performance that proved we’ve turned the corner.

I spotted that John Marquis is top scorer in the league so far. Always dangerous at this level he looked fairly useless when we played Pompey in the playoff matches. Something must be going right for him this season.

Against Wigan, Henry found himself in many more central positions and was virtually playing as a 10. I'd be tempted to play with the same positivity with Shodipo/Agyei replacing Obita on the left and maybe Forde replacing Kelly/McGuane to add a bit of extra bite in the middle.

Only one penalty save separated us last season, but on paper that gap has increased significantly. But we've almost got a free hit with few expecting us to get much from the game, and I think that an early goal for us could change the dynamics.

I'll go with a nervy one nil away win, with Ruffels from a set piece.

would love a win but reckon it’ll be another draw.
1-1 with super sub Shodipo to level the score 2 minutes after coming on

CFt17UjWgAArw-Q

PLAYED FOR BOTH - includes Mal Shotton, Simon Eastwood, Jordan Obita, Mick Tait, Steve Foster, John Durnin, Jimmy Carter, John Milkins,
Guy Whittingham, Chris Maguire, Lee Bradbury, Ricky Holmes and plenty more.

A3Zlye8CMAApLPq

How many bookings has Gorrin got? I’m worried it’s 4 and another tomorrow would put him out of the derby.

I’m going 1-2 again we can’t keep a clean sheet so they will score first but then we wake up and get two late goals from Taylor and Henry again 🤞🤞⚽⚽

Against Wigan, Henry found himself in many more central positions and was virtually playing as a 10. I'd be tempted to play with the same positivity with Shodipo/Agyei replacing Obita on the left and maybe Forde replacing Kelly/McGuane to add a bit of extra bite in the middle.

Only one penalty save separated us last season, but on paper that gap has increased significantly. But we've almost got a free hit with few expecting us to get much from the game, and I think that an early goal for us could change the dynamics.

I'll go with a nervy one nil away win, with Ruffels from a set piece.
Obita might not offer as much going forward but we looked much more solid with him on the left, particularly as protection for Ruffels who is having a pretty poor season defensively. He knows how to protect the ball and even how to pass to his own team mates, which some of our number are still struggling with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom