Away Match Build Up 24/11/2020 L1 Portsmouth v OUFC

Who is going to win?

• Oxford United FC

• Portsmouth FC

• A draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They miss a host load of chances and we somehow nick a late winner through Taylor..

Would love to beat them but I really can’t see it. They are flying at the moment with a lot of momentum. Scoring goals for fun as well. Head says we are going to get battered. Hopefully they get complacent and think all they have to do is turn up and they will win. Will seem wired knowing that we are playing just down the road from me and I will not be there. COYY pull of one of the surprises of the season and do the unthinkable. Get 3 points.

Obita might not offer as much going forward but we looked much more solid with him on the left, particularly as protection for Ruffels who is having a pretty poor season defensively. He knows how to protect the ball and even how to pass to his own team mates, which some of our number are still struggling with.
I completely agree, but KR has already said that Obita will miss the game to ease him in gradually. That's why I'd assume either Shodipo or Agyei to play tomorrow.

That Portsmouth player that looks like he has attitude on his face...will be a big nuisance....Curtis i think., never smiles......he irritates me

That Portsmouth player that looks like he has attitude on his face...will be a big nuisance....Curtis i think., never smiles......he irritates me
He’s a petulant little s**t, a good player but if things don’t go his way he does get irritated. After the first leg because they didn’t get a handball he remonstrated with KR. Pretty childish.

Survive the initial and inevitable onslaught and impose ourselves on the game then we can frustrate them. If we also do everything we did against Wigan, and convert, with a little luck, more of our chances then who knows..

Portsmouth's home form is patchy, win one, lose one - even Wigan have beaten them at Fratton Park this term whereas they were unbeaten at home for the whole of last season.

There's definitely a chance of getting something from this match if we start strongly.

Last edited:
Great result at the weekend, but I fear it will be back to business as usual against a flying Portsmouth, full of talent.
Pompey 3 OUFC 0.

I’d take a point right now. Wouldn’t be surprised to Mousinho & Forde in for McGuane & Kelly and see us set up for a 0-0 and hope to nick a goal from a set piece.

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin Mousinho
Forde Henry Obita
Taylor

1-0 Oxford. Late winner off the bench from Shodipo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom