Away Match Day Thread 24/11/2020 L1 Portsmouth FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it matters to much , it’s only a forum. I do know the older lads on here but not many else ,having said that HK Yellow ( was it ? He got on my nerves with his pro posts of Chinese greatness, and never seemed to post on games post) I’m sure Scotchegg is okay and great uncle kip is too .
Good to see oufc lads having hand bags at the end , all good for team sprint to Saturday.... we all hate Swindon.....
Which reminds me of that sing song in the Bird back yard , lol.

Was at fault for their goal. Basically stood waiting for the ball rather than attacking it which I think is his downfall. Having said that, I not sure if he’ll play at Championship level, but I wouldn’t rule it out.
He will make mistakes His first season as full time professional and I’m sure it’s a mistake that won’t be repeated

I don’t think it matters to much , it’s only a forum. I do know the older lads on here but not many else ,having said that HK Yellow ( was it ? He got on my nerves with his pro posts of Chinese greatness, and never seemed to post on games post) I’m sure Scotchegg is okay and great uncle kip is too .
Good to see oufc lads having hand bags at the end , all good for team sprint to Saturday.... we all hate Swindon.....

There's a bit of handbags on here too, but no one's grabbed my scotcheggs yet!!!

I suppose kips posts remind everyone of the supporters who just moan at the players and dont actually support vocally. We can all be critical but encouragement goes a lot further. Its only a forum so it doesnt matter but I hope when he goes to matches hes not one of the moaners but one of the encouragers!

Not so much on the defensive side though. Not yet at least.
I may be wrong, but I don't remember Matty Elliott being beaten cleanly in the air in his own box, basically ever.
It was rather more ball comes in, big man heads it away, rinse and repeat for 90 minutes.......

But your post is a good excuse to watch this again!

Was football more exciting in the 90s? Seems much less robotic compared to today's "sports science" era game

Was at fault for their goal. Basically stood waiting for the ball rather than attacking it which I think is his downfall. Having said that, I not sure if he’ll play at Championship level, but I wouldn’t rule it out.
Contracted to Oxford next year, isn't he...?

There's a bit of handbags on here too, but no one's grabbed my scotcheggs yet!!!
I thought KR had hold of them for safe keeping, making sure you spread the positive word 😂 is he gentle?

He was initially trying to break up the melee, but then got attacked himself so not sure he’d be in trouble.

For reference, keep an eye on what will happen in the way of a ban for the Preston player who did the very same thing.

Social media is already on this with the picture doing the rounds.

He’ll get a ban, let’s just hope it kicks in after the weekend. G

Correct. People need to look at his all round performance. First and foremost his job is to defend.

He was badly at fault for their goal. Caught on his toes from a ball in the box which will happen numerous times a game. That can be worked on and will be picked up by the management along with the analysing team from the opposition so will need to be worked on by Atkinson.

The encouragement from that performance from him was the way he carried the ball and took the whole team up the pitch with him. The space this will generate for other players is key and it’s down to our players to recognise this and make the pitch as big as we can so the option for Atkinson are plenty with the ball.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes the FA to decide upon an appropriate punishment for Taylor (and Fisher at PNE).

For some context (albeit a different, perhaps better organised sport at the moment) but Joe Marler, England prop, received a 10 week ban for a similar incident which was caught retrospectively. The minimum ban (usually 12 weeks) was reduced due to good character and remorse.

It could prove a costly mistake if were without Taylor for anything near 12 weeks between December and March.

im not sure he is. He’s been parodied as one because of his views being alternative. If you take time to look at his posts through a straight lens they’re short and reflect on our failings but also occasionally throw in some balance,

I remember at school kids being bullied and the aggressors telling the teacher “he was asking for it”. A lot of you need to take a step back and reflect on what aspect of his opinion you’re truly debating and provide some alternative context.

I’ve hardly seen anything that would be considered outrageous or attention seeking. As I say I don’t agree with his lens but I’ll always support someone’s right to have a different opinion without being silenced.

Balance and diversity of opinion over mob social media unilateralism please
You are joking I hope , Kip only posts lots when we lose and basically doesn't act like a fan but is uber critical of the club , staff , players not just as we all are but really trying to put the club down it seems with super negative tendencies .....I quite enjoy some of his posts and try and remain fair with him....to start going on about bullying is embarrassing.

Hoping Taylor's saving grace might be a lack of clear video evidence compared to other similar incidents - the photo looks a bit dodgy but in my (biased) opinion you could argue he's just grabbing the shorts. Really stupid of him eitherway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom