Away Match Day Thread 24/11/2020 L1 Portsmouth FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we should have had a 2nd pen for the push on agyei, looked more a pen than the one given imo.

The handbags at the end looked like long and one of their meatheads

Subs today made the difference especially the energy of sykes. Atkinson is very dickieesque in his ability to bring out the ball.

Much better.

We should appeal Clare's yellow card, missing the Swindon game after the most blatant dive infront of the camera, Pompey were diving all game long.

Great point though and so many positives, they all played well and should gain confidence from that.

Robinson's subs also injected so much energy into us they couldn't cope at times.

Atkinson has unbelievable potential, and Gorrin is magnificent every game, another MOTM performance for me.

Onto the scum game, which is actually a huge game in terms of points and position let alone that it's them lot.

Agree `100%.
Atkinson is free to do his thing precisely because he knows that Gorrin's going to slot in behind him, and all the midfielders can get forward safe in the knowledge that Gorrin's going to be there to cover for them. And it turns out he can take a mean penalty as well.

He's OOC in the summer isn't he? I hope we've put a decent contract extension in front of him already.

It's a shame that we've built a squad without any real cover for him in that position. I guess, if he gets his legs under him, then Mousinho is the one but he's not got the same engine.

Early season, the thinking seemed to be that Kelly could play in there. Whilst I don't hate him as a player alongside Gorrin, he just can't replace him. Just doesn't have the defensive discipline or the natural positional awareness you need.......

Don’t discount LCP, Lofthouse and Sole from the ‘21’s both could play that role and have very good potential.

Well, just finished a big production release and checked the score- nice surprise! Definitely a boost and maybe we are turning a corner to be competitive at least.

Sean Clare on the wing, in his natural position plays well. Who would have thought?!

Roll on Saturday!
Don't need to hear about your bowel movement thanks...

Can’t believe Agyei can work hard all game, flash a couple of great crosses in, hold the ball up, win headers and literally win the penalty and people are still criticising him or saying he’s not a striker?! He was one of our best players. No he shouldn’t play ahead of Taylor necessarily, but he’s a good option to have up there (and could maybe play in a two with him?)

Atkinson, Gorrin, Clare, Agyei all played well.

Shodipo and Forde were disappointing. I wouldn’t expect to see either start on Saturday.

Agree `100%.
Atkinson is free to do his thing precisely because he knows that Gorrin's going to slot in behind him, and all the midfielders can get forward safe in the knowledge that Gorrin's going to be there to cover for them. And it turns out he can take a mean penalty as well.

He's OOC in the summer isn't he? I hope we've put a decent contract extension in front of him already.

It's a shame that we've built a squad without any real cover for him in that position. I guess, if he gets his legs under him, then Mousinho is the one but he's not got the same engine.

Early season, the thinking seemed to be that Kelly could play in there. Whilst I don't hate him as a player alongside Gorrin, he just can't replace him. Just doesn't have the defensive discipline or the natural positional awareness you need.......

2+1 deal - I think we'll take up the option

Can’t believe Agyei can work hard all game, flash a couple of great crosses in, hold the ball up, win headers and literally win the penalty and people are still criticising him or saying he’s not a striker?! He was one of our best players. No he shouldn’t play ahead of Taylor necessarily, but he’s a good option to have up there (and could maybe play in a two with him?)

Atkinson, Gorrin, Clare, Agyei all played well.

Shodipo and Forde were disappointing. I wouldn’t expect to see either start on Saturday.
He had a really good game. Made mistakes a more experienced striker wouldn't but was a proper pest all night

I have to say it’s really tiresome reading post after post slating Greatunclekip.

I don’t know the guy and I certainly don’t agree with everything he writes. But it really shows up those that feel the need to jump on anything he says and insult or slate him. Much of what he says really isn’t that extraordinary or contrary to our reality even if it’s a different slant to what some of us would say,

it’s a classic example of modern cancel culture where a spectrum of opinions is scorned upon (rather than valued for diversity to evolve our thinking). It’s people who try to social media silence others who aren’t perfectly aligned to their own binary truth.

This forum deserves and can do better.

please give it a rest .
hes a t**t end of,if he wants to make wind up comments every time then he can take people having a go back at him.
Go check the amount of posts he makes during a loss compared to a game we win,sarcastic wind up posts during defeats yet 1 line of praise on a game we win.

Never seen such an attack minded defender; at Oxford United, anyway.

The game has changed with centre backs encouraged to use the ball far more these days, but Atkinson reminds me a lot of Matty Elliott. It's not so much the way he plays the ball from the back, but that he passes and then continues the run.

He needs to get more games under his belt, and possibly bulk out a touch, but Atkinson will play at a much higher level before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom