Away Match Day Thread 24/11/2020 L1 Portsmouth FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better performance tonight. COYY bring on the scum

Forgot how much of a dickhead Curtis is. He's not even a good player either which is quite annoying. He must be the Mackie equivalent in Portsmouth.

We played really well. There will be no relegation if we continue to do that. Hopefully Karl will continue to make these obvious, normal squad selections and keep picking Agyei.

Rob Atkinson will play in the Championship verrrrry soon unless he gets injured.

We're nothing without Gorrin, nothing. Nothing works without him (or a player in his style, like that Charlton midfielder we had on loan a couple of seasons ago)

Ageyi is really good.

I thought Clare was some sort of cruel joke. On all of us. WAY better further up the field.

Start Obita at LB and start that team on Saturday...fine maybe Matty.

Good point that.
Reminded me of both playoff semi-finals and the away game last year in that I think Pompey just edged it on the balance of the whole 90 minutes, but not by so much that a draw wasn't a fair result. And we could have snatched it near the end.

Gorrin was awesome again, and the subs that came on all did well and livened things up.

Atkinson is looking like a real talent. He's a decent defender, but those rampaging forward runs from deep are causing League One opponents absolute fits, including for the goal today. Now, if he can just stay fit for a couple of months.......

Brilliant result and a well deserved point.
It's amazing how much better we look with a clear structure, facing the opposition goal and getting the ball forward at pace (all the way from Atkinson at the back).
Big impact from McGuane but he drifted out of the game after the equaliser. Sykes barely lost a challenge and some great fast touches. Obita was by and large anonymous though. Aside from some decent touches by Henry the three that went off all had poor games overall so credit to Robbo for the subs.
Defensive unit prone to the odd wobble but looks a million times better than a week or two ago.
Easty I still have my issues with in terms of dominating his box but at least he is stabilising.
Agyei tries bless him, but he isn't a striker. Taylor up front on Saturday.

Onwards to Saturday!

EDIT: Gorrin and Atkinson top class!

Atkinson played very well
Except he was slow to get to the ball for their first goal. He looks good going forward but still has plenty to learn in his main job.

Big all round team improvement from last Tuesday, and an improvement on the Wigan game given the better quality opposition.

Rob Atkinson will play in the Championship verrrrry soon unless he gets injured.

We're nothing without Gorrin, nothing. Nothing works without him (or a player in his style, like that Charlton midfielder we had on loan a couple of seasons ago)

Ageyi is really good.

I thought Clare was some sort of cruel joke. On all of us. WAY better further up the field.

Start Obita at LB and start that team on Saturday...fine maybe Matty.
Would bring Mcguane into the midfield for Forde aswell.

Really decent point and a decent performance for good measure. We showed some fight and that was encouraging to see. Really happy with that.

Agyei worked hard and put in a real shift, and it was his pace and ability to trouble the defence that won the penalty. Don’t ever play him on the wing again, Karl.

Clare looked a different player further forward - they had to triple up on him several times just to try to handle him. Don’t ever play him at right back again, Karl.

Round pegs in round holes and a bit of simple graft and we suddenly look twice the team we have done for much of this season. Who would have ever thought it, eh?

Take that character and that work rate into Saturday and turn the scum over.

Playing players in their natural positions makes such a difference. I'm annoyed Karl played Clare at right back for so long, it was so obviously costing goals. Better late than never,

Cracking point, first draw in the league since January 18th in a game where we were not really expecting anything. Following on from the win at Wigan things look a bit brighter and it sets us up nicely for the big game Saturday.

Already getting excited for the now traditional derby win, think I am going to dress up to sit on the sofa.

What?! He’s literally never played anywhere else until he got here, and tonight he worked his balls off, put himself about and won a penalty!
He's a forward, but not a striker....and I have no problem with the functionality of his balls.

Playing players in their natural positions makes such a difference. I'm annoyed Karl played Clare at right back for so long, it was so obviously costing goals. Better late than never,
Surely he played him there, because of injuries? With Brannagan out, Forde needed to be used as CM cover and we were short in the RB area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom