Away Match Day Thread 24/11/2020 L1 Portsmouth FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it as it is for the first 15 and then get Taylor and Obita on.

What changes could we make to get back in the game maybe swap shodipo for Taylor and out agyei out wide Kelly on for forde played his best game on Saturday

Didn't see the Wigan game but otherwise the best we have played this season probably...not loads of chances but playing good football and have a really good shape.

What a frustrating half.

We started the game so well, dominated, played really well. But got hit by a sickener.

Clare is a revelation wide right. I can’t see anyone replacing him there if he keeps playing like this. Agyei has worked hard and is strong up front. Shodipo though hasn’t matched the other two and has been largely disappointing again. With five subs I’d hook him at half time and get McGuane on there.

We’re still in this game. If we had Brannigan in the middle and Cooper wide left I think we’d be winning.

Oh and the ref somehow hasn’t booked a Portsmouth player despite them all constantly fouling our players (especially Clare)

Not listening today as tied up with work, just checked the score. Imagine my surprise to see us losing! But playing well apparently, so thats lovely.
The lads at work found out you was a scummer where did they tie you hopefully in a bin somewhere 😂

A fairly decent performance overall, but with this defence we will always struggle. One chance for them in the first 20 minutes, straight in the net. Marquis then missed a sitter from six yards and Moore got away with one on Harrison after a horrific back pass / header from Long (I think?) Unfortunately we are where we are in that respect. We are much weaker and can’t do anything about it until January.

Clare is definitely not a right back, but he’s a pretty handy looking right midfielder / winger. Shodipo needs to work harder though. Not sure on his body language. Very ‘flappy’ and lots of huffing. Not what we need right now. He needs to be prepared to fight a bit more, which at least the rest of the team looks prepared to do.

Still in the game.

Shambolic defending for their goal!

We really don't carry any threat up front.

H/T thoughts - Pompey nothing special but more physical than us and lucky not to have a couple of players cautioned in particular Brown.
Poor goal conceded again with Atkinson switching off.

Forde not doing enough in the middle of the park ditto Henry and we need a better link to Agyei.

Overall we aren’t looking too bad but need to be a bit braver in possession.

Shodipo’s marker is very physical and playing very tight to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom