Away Match Day Thread 24/11/2020 L1 Portsmouth FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Big match tonight. Good for 3 points for the mighty Yellows.

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin Kelly Forde
Henry Taylor Shodipo

2 nil Oxford! Early goal from Ruffels set piece, nervy 60/70 mins before late second by Shodipo to put the game to bed.

Easy defeat unfortunately, we can't even keep a clean sheet against Wigan. Portsmouth have recovered better from their playoff disappointment.

I hope it isn't a demoralising defeat ahead of Saturday but can see it being 3-0.

Eastwood
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly Henry
Clare Taylor Obita

Think at the moment that’s as strong as we’ll get. You got about 4 different options on the right but I’d like to see Clare have a good chance there. You cannot drop Henry after a goal either, especially when it looked like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Kelly had his best game of the season aswell.

I’d drop Long simply for one reason Ronan Curtis, he gave him the absolute run around in the first game of the play offs. if we have someone a little more attacking at full back with quality in that final third, hopefully we can pin him back and stop him getting forward as much as he wants.

1-1

So we are away at one of the form teams and KR says the team 'might raise some eyebrows'? What could possibly go wrong!

Would love something from this game but in honesty can’t see past a battering. 😭

I reckon he'll only use 7 players; 3 of them goalkeepers with 4 on the left wing. Henry will be the extra goalkeeper.

We'll lose 8-1 but the result will default to 2-0 as the ineligible Osei-Yaw was one of the wingers.

Maybe Taylor will be replaced by Agyei with the Swindon game in mind.

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin Kelly Forde
Henry Taylor Shodipo

2 nil Oxford! Early goal from Ruffels set piece, nervy 60/70 mins before late second by Shodipo to put the game to bed.

You must of had a good night to come up with that, if only.

Would settle for a draw (5-5 all would be a nice throwback and is probably more likely that nil nil) but can’t see anything other than a loss, hopefully it’s not a heavy one that damages morale before a much bigger game on Saturday.

Resting players for Swindon:

Eastwood
Long Moore Mousinho Ruffels
Forde
Sykes McGuane
Clare Agyei Shodipo​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom