Away Match Day Thread +++ 24/11/18 Bradford City v OUFC +++

IF Bradbury is on the bench & KH's enforcing duties do get a bit too much for Browne, KR could unleash Brad' to occupy KH ? ;)
My worry with Bradbury after Tuesdays game is that he is too concerned with getting in peoples faces, and shying away from headers aka Obika.
I have no doubt he has great potential, but needs to learn his game a bit before becoming a bench regular, in the same way Baptiste grew into the team.

My worry with Bradbury after Tuesdays game is that he is too concerned with getting in peoples faces, and shying away from headers aka Obika.
I have no doubt he has great potential, but needs to learn his game a bit before becoming a bench regular, in the same way Baptiste grew into the team.
He was up against a very good player in Zakuani who had worked out a way of jumping on his shoulders to win headers without being penalised - not quite sure how. I’m sure it was a good learning experience

1 - he didn’t play on Tuesday
2 - him getting in the faces of the Gillingham players got both of them booked and forced them to make errors. They had it far too easy when Smith was up top.

1 - he didn’t play on Tuesday
2 - him getting in the faces of the Gillingham players got both of them booked and forced them to make errors. They had it far too easy when Smith was up top.

Sorry I meant Gillingham. I agree about Smith, but I think if he focused on his strengths, Which is partly getting in the faces of the back line, but also his mobility to get into goal scoring positions, he will be a player we talk about for years to come. Last Saturday he seeingly tried too hard on getting entangled with the opposition defence.

On form an easy win. But we are playing a side on a losing streak. You know what that means!!!:mad:

Despite their league position I think it'll be very tough today. They'll have a large partisan crowd on their side. I'd be happy with a point today.

Teams on a bad streak have an unusual knack of breaking it against us. We certainly should be going into it with a positive attitude though.
2-0 to us (though 0-0 would be a good bet as my dad's wife's daughter's husband is along for the ride and hasn't seen an OUFC goal in all 270 minutes of watching them)

Hopefully we can score an early goal to quieten the crowd down and go on to win.
2-0 to the U’S to keep the run going.

COYY

Think we will have too much for teams at the bottom. 0-4 Holmes/Browne(2)/Henry
The Jack Payne loan seemed to end badly with him clearly thinking he was a different level to us. Look at him now - wont get a look in :)

3-1 in my opinion. Henry, Mackie, and Dickie. Payne will certainly get on the scoresheet too.

Great chat on TalkSport now about Southampton, who sound like they have exactly the same problem we had 6 weeks ago

Think we will have too much for teams at the bottom. 0-4 Holmes/Browne(2)/Henry
The Jack Payne loan seemed to end badly with him clearly thinking he was a different level to us. Look at him now - wont get a look in :)

Obviously Blackburn didn’t think much of him, a L1 player at best

Back
Top Bottom