Away Match Day Thread +++ 24/11/18 Bradford City v OUFC +++

We were always going to lose again at some point, our survival chances will be decided on how we bounce back from setbacks, having a game Tuesday night at home to Rochdale is as good as you could hope for as an opportunity to do that.

The most worrying thing is our inability to win away so far this season in the league, coupled with the fact we only have two away wins in the last 12/13 months we seem to have a bit of a problem on our travels, it’s going to make it tricky to get 50 plus points if it carries on, Robinson perhaps needs to find a different system for matches on the road.

Big game Tuesday with it looking like we are going to need to take a big majority of our points at home.

A free kick from an offside decision can be taken in the attacking team’s half, because it’s taken from where the player who was deemed offside actually touches the ball. So player is in an offside position in the defending team’s half, but actually touches the ball in his own half, and this is where the free kick takes place.

But I agree with you, the red was awful, but we knew that would be the case.

Not sure if we played well after the first 20mins though!

Also why did he make Smith go off the pitch when it was a red card? I thought the player didn't have to go off if a card has been shown

I was there yesterday. My takes:

- It was a bizarre refereeing performance. I think the ball was in play for about 15 minutes of the second half due to the refs inability to manage the game in a fair way. Pure sh*thousery from them throughout.

- After the opening 20 minutes, we were extremely poor - especially in the final 3rd. By half time, it was extremely obvious that the formation and approach wasn't going to work with them sitting back, but we persisted with it. Bradford are a team that hadn't kept a clean sheet in 11 games, and we barely created a chance or worked the keeper for 70 minutes. That has to be worrying.

On a different note, the atmosphere generated from our fans was rubbish yesterday, and I'm guessing it's because the Ultras weren't in attendance. One thing that doesn't help with this is where some of our less vocal sitting fans decide they want to sit at the back of the stand, and then moan when people are stood up in front of them trying to generate some noise. It was unallocated seating, so just sit lower down the stand!

Also why did he make Smith go off the pitch when it was a red card? I thought the player didn't have to go off if a card has been shown

It can depend on how long the injury takes to assess/treat, but generally if a player commits a foul leading to a yellow or red card and causes an injury, then the injured player doesn’t need to leave the field of play, unless it’s for long term assessment/treatment of the injury! So it’s not exactly black and white.

We should have been 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes. They scored from their 1st & 2nd attempts at goal.

We should have easily got back into the game but the players and management appeared to just give up! Which for me was the most disappointing aspect of the defeat.

No bottle. No leadership.

It can depend on how long the injury takes to assess/treat, but generally if a player commits a foul leading to a yellow or red card and causes an injury, then the injured player doesn’t need to leave the field of play, unless it’s for long term assessment/treatment of the injury! So it’s not exactly black and white.
cheers for that, I guess it's at ref's discretion on a similar subject I understand the league are looking at making players who are subbed to leave the field at the nearest point failing to do so will result in a booking, good idea I bet Danny Hylton will be gutted:)

I was there yesterday. My takes:

- It was a bizarre refereeing performance. I think the ball was in play for about 15 minutes of the second half due to the refs inability to manage the game in a fair way. Pure sh*thousery from them throughout.

- After the opening 20 minutes, we were extremely poor - especially in the final 3rd. By half time, it was extremely obvious that the formation and approach wasn't going to work with them sitting back, but we persisted with it. Bradford are a team that hadn't kept a clean sheet in 11 games, and we barely created a chance or worked the keeper for 70 minutes. That has to be worrying.

On a different note, the atmosphere generated from our fans was rubbish yesterday, and I'm guessing it's because the Ultras weren't in attendance. One thing that doesn't help with this is where some of our less vocal sitting fans decide they want to sit at the back of the stand, and then moan when people are stood up in front of them trying to generate some noise. It was unallocated seating, so just sit lower down the stand!

Surely the Ultras attend every game?

On a different note, the atmosphere generated from our fans was rubbish yesterday, and I'm guessing it's because the Ultras weren't in attendance. ![/QUOTE]
Many of the “fans” in the middle rows of the upper tier were pissed !
Only fit for standing and complaining .

The next match will determine whether this was a blip, or back to the rubbish. Let's just hope.

Back
Top Bottom