Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a hours programme worth and still on for 10 mins.Looks like Wellans wanted to play the game but maybe it was swindons chairman that didnt ,efl overruled by PHE.
Not sure I believe Wellens. He does contradict himself a few times. For instance he says how can a pro club be expected to prepare and play a game with no goalkeeeping coach, who's going to warm them up? He was as concerned about the lack of backroom staff than the missing players.

Yes, I agree his version is contradictory. Doesn't alter the fact that the EFL are a complete load of idiots who couldn't organise the proverbial P**s-up! We should be getting a massive petition on line organised (from all clubs) demanding a new group of people at the EFL who are more tuned into the grass roots of football and not focused on the fat salary they draw!

Their local paper reports that it “understands that only one member of the playing squad has been affected by the virus”

Swindon’s injury list is significant and I don’t think we can blame them from trying to manipulate the situation to suit them, most clubs would do the same. However, the precedent that’s been set is a dangerous one and the EFL must rapidly introduce rules to control the situation. If they don’t, I fear chaos will reign.

Personally I think a rule needs to be put in place to stop teams trying to use COVID cases they’ve unfortunately developed when they have injury crisis from stopping the game. It’s simple. Any players that were injured at the time of postponement cannot play a part. Both Swindon and Crewe were injury plagued aswell as having cases. If the EFL said this then teams would simply get on with it.

What I don’t understand is that Tranmere were told they had to play against Salford even though they had 2 cases, Scunthorpe played with players and staff testing positive. Swindon have 1 player and a couple of staff test and they postpone the game?!

The Crewe game 1st time around was a total farce and Crewe clearly didn’t follow the right rules so I’m not sure why they didn’t get punished for that.
If the EFL have told Swindon they have to play the game and Swindon have forfeited it then they should be fined and we get a 3-0 win as standard?
I keep hearing health England got involved but why didn’t they get involved with Scunthorpe or Tranmere?

One Swindon player tested positive for COVID Tony Holland who has never played a minute for them and made there bench once. One other Jordan Stevens who has played a fair few this season is isolating because they car shared. The rest of there positives were staff. The game should have gone ahead simple as that. Which should be a forfeit as they had enough players to fulfill the fixture.

One Swindon player tested positive for COVID Tony Holland who has never played a minute for them and made there bench once. One other Jordan Stevens who has played a fair few this season is isolating because they car shared. The rest of there positives were staff. The game should have gone ahead simple as that. Which should be a forfeit as they had enough players to fulfill the fixture.
6 players of Scunthorpe tested positive/had to isolate as well as both manager and assistant manager unable to travel due to self isolation yet they still played...

6 players of Scunthorpe tested positive/had to isolate as well as both manager and assistant manager unable to travel due to self isolation yet they still played...
It would appear that the EFL need to be consistent with how they suspend/postpone games because they certainly don't appear to be consistent at the moment. Very baffling and worrying :mad::mad::mad:

Any team that is found to cynically use their positive Covid tests 'tactically' to avoid playing games they'd like to postpone for other reasons (such as injuries) when they have enough fit and well players to fulfil the fixture ought to be deducted an immediate 15 points and forfeit any games they have 'avoided' as 5-0 losses.

Add to this do they(Swindon) not have anyone else on the football side of things such as u21’s or 18’s team that have goal keeper coaches or people to take the warm ups or physios. Scunthorpe had to have the gk coach running the team.

Add to this do they(Swindon) not have anyone else on the football side of things such as u21’s or 18’s team that have goal keeper coaches or people to take the warm ups or physios. Scunthorpe had to have the gk coach running the team.

I would hope the Keepers could both manage to warm themselves up for one game.

Personally I think a rule needs to be put in place to stop teams trying to use COVID cases they’ve unfortunately developed when they have injury crisis from stopping the game. It’s simple. Any players that were injured at the time of postponement cannot play a part. Both Swindon and Crewe were injury plagued aswell as having cases. If the EFL said this then teams would simply get on with it.
Crewe were not injury plagued. For either game.

Crewe were not injury plagued. For either game.
Fair enough if that’s true. For some reason I seem to remember you had a few key players missing. Kirk etc. Could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom