Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your original point wasn't about rules, you said:

"They know they'll probably lose but they want to play and get it done. Just saying!!"

That implies that unlike Swindon, despite having a weakened team they want to play even though it makes it likely they will lose. I'm simply pointing out you are wrong. Wasps, I'm sure, want to have their strongest team out. However, if they can't fulfil this fixture they won't play in the final. So, no, they don't want to play and get it done, they have no choice.
Ok. I didn't intend it to come across like that. I should have said "have to play" instead of "want to play" I know there are rules in place unlike the arbitrary goings on in the EFL.

Interesting that Swindon fans on their forum are trying to claim that this isn’t that big of a game for them saying we make this bigger then it is.

People cope with crushing defeat in different ways I suppose.

Not that we'd know anything about that.

For anyone wondering why PHE get involved, they are part of/working with track & trace.

Basically it is one confirmed case in the workplace...
Good spot.
Begs the question, why did Exeter v Scunthorpe go ahead with six player covid positives and their goalkeeping coach having to take over as manager for the day. Makes a mockery of it with what Swindon have done surely?

I really rather liked it.

Especially as I feel the under 9s aren’t getting the coverage they deserve.
Especially those with such a fine articulation of English. Home schooling during lockdown has clearly been very effective. Well done Mum and Dad!

Interesting that Swindon fans on their forum are trying to claim that this isn’t that big of a game for them saying we make this bigger then it is.
They say it is because they have other rivals unlike us. I would love to play Reading again, that derby wasn't that far behind Swindon to me.

Bristol City and Rovers only have eyes for each other. They know that their favourite rival is us.

The first Oxford win to knock the defending champions out of the League Cup, the smokebomb game, Joey Beauchamp, 1995-96 and both sides getting promoted, Di Canio and Constable, seven in a row.

Don't tell me that they don't think it as big as we do. They've love to beat us.
I think its worth remembering that there are people who have been going to Swindon games for nearly twenty years who have never seen them win against us. They would have no reason to look forward to the fixture.

I think its worth remembering that there are people who have been going to Swindon games for nearly twenty years who have never seen them win against us. They would have no reason to look forward to the fixture.

Well we had many years without winning at the County Ground yet we as a fanbase looked forward to the game there in 2011.

Well we had many years without winning at the County Ground yet we as a fanbase looked forward to the game there in 2011.
Anyone who had been at the previous game knew what it felt like to beat Swindon.

That said, I think the ten year absence probably built some expectations on both sides. The frustration or pain of losing will not have been fresh in the memory.

Now, it would be like an Oxford fan looking forward to playing Fleetwood.

radio oxford not at the game on now talking about the swindon game now.

Bristol City and Rovers only have eyes for each other.

I think that the scum come a close 2nd for those two though. I did enjoy hearing the Rovers fans singing "We Hate Swindon More Than You" to us a couple of seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom