Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
There just a bunch of dirty C***s we had 3 regular starters missing and was willing to play they make up some Covid excuse because they knew that even if we played our u9 team they would still lose scummy horrible little C***s
Either tongue in cheek or very immature.

No but I am. ?.
Bit close to the edge, and maybe slanderous. Don't be surprised if your post disappears.

It's not the first time this has happened this season and it won't be the last. Its almost inevitable given the current R rate that OUFC will have positive tests at some point this season.

Expect us to be playing 4 games a week come April!

In the current circumstances I suppose it makes sense for the clubs if it is 7pm.

When fans are allowed back in though, 745pm.

• React
Reactions: m
Scunthorpe are playing Exeter in today's early KO, despite them announcing an hour ago two players have tested positive. Three players have been in "close contact" with them so have to self isolate, as well as with their manager due to the assistant also being positive.

They've named a bench with only 5 players and their goalkeeping coach is managing them. Crazy inconsistency.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't. We rightly criticised Crewe for wanting to play (twice) when there was concern over the squad's Covid status, and now hurl fury at Swindon for doing exactly what we asked of Crewe.
If there is some manipulation if facts hopefully the EFL will deal with it. But can you imagine if the match went ahead and someone in our squad picked up Covid from Swindon?
You’re missing the point. The point isn’t that a game has been called off in isolation - it’s the fact that there is no consistency and no set rules and protocols that are remotely clear. If it isn’t safe to play anymore then they need to get a financial package sorted ASAP so that clubs can survive. Otherwise they need to find a standard procedure which means when a small number of people test positive, clubs know what to do and they can safely isolate those individuals, and complete their fixtures as a result.

What we can’t have is a situation where as soon as a couple of cases are found they can just drag it out and call it all off at the last minute. That will end up costing clubs dearly, all because there is no system in place what so ever.

Sod the game being off - it’s the fact that there are no rules in place and that precedents are being set which could kill the season over the winter. And if the season gets culled with no cash bailout in place, clubs will go to the wall. To put this down as people just having the a**e because a derby game is being called off completely misunderstands the issue.

Just find a Tory peer with (not very much of an) interest in lower league football, stick a close relative of their on the board of directors, and I'm sure this Conservative government will throw a billion-pound contract at the problem without so much as a counter-tender. Sorted!
Or you could let the labour party nationalise all football and let them throw unlimited tax payers money into the sport.

Scunthorpe are playing Exeter in today's early KO, despite them announcing an hour ago two players have tested positive. Three players have been in "close contact" with them so have to self isolate, as well as with their manager due to the assistant also being positive.

They've named a bench with only 5 players and their goalkeeping coach is managing them. Crazy inconsistency.
That’s the thing that drives you nuts, the inconsistency

It's not the first time this has happened this season and it won't be the last. Its almost inevitable given the current R rate that OUFC will have positive tests at some point this season.

Expect us to be playing 4 games a week come April!
I was thinking the same thing. Just hope we are treated fairly when (if) the time comes.

Well roll on Tuesday with Atkinson starting and Winnall on the bench, would like to think Cam on the bench but from what has been said seems very little chance of that

The cynic in me thinks the EFL are purposely being ambiguous and inconsistent because it suits Rick Parry for the season not to be completed/clubs to go under, allowing him to usher in some more destructive reforms.

You’re missing the point. The point isn’t that a game has been called off in isolation - it’s the fact that there is no consistency and no set rules and protocols that are remotely clear. If it isn’t safe to play anymore then they need to get a financial package sorted ASAP so that clubs can survive. Otherwise they need to find a standard procedure which means when a small number of people test positive, clubs know what to do and they can safely isolate those individuals, and complete their fixtures as a result.

What we can’t have is a situation where as soon as a couple of cases are found they can just drag it out and call it all off at the last minute. That will end up costing clubs dearly, all because there is no system in place what so ever.

Sod the game being off - it’s the fact that there are no rules in place and that precedents are being set which could kill the season over the winter. And if the season gets culled with no cash bailout in place, clubs will go to the wall. To put this down as people just having the a**e because a derby game is being called off completely misunderstands the issue.
I thought I'd have a look on the EFL website for the proper guidance relating to Covid positive tests and player numbers required etc, guess what? Yup. Nothing to find. Lots about return to training, zones, safety officers and Covid-19 officers etc but not one mention of protocols or criteria relating to when and why a game could/would be postponed (or as it now appears - "Suspended" whatever that means!)
As a supporter who pays up each season, subscribes to iFollow, purchases club merchandise etc, I rather expected to find some clarification on why the entertainment I had been looking forward to had been "suspended".
Perhaps I'm not deemed worthy of entry into some secret circle that has this information. Mind you, it is apparent that nobody else has either!

It does seem crazy in comparison, and seems to be entirely down to how much that club wants to play rather than any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom