Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really that much of a bad thing? I was looking forward to the game as much as anyone but we have a much weakened team at the moment. Cam Bran definitely out, Atkinson and Forde a doubt, least it means we can have a stronger team for whenever its rearranged (the next Tuesday we can fit it in)

Essentially yes, but their problems were bigger than ours...including the run of form. Would have been a right old ding-dong but we would have probably come out on top. In December? Who knows...

Anyway, this season is rapidly turning into a bit of a farce.

Is it really that much of a bad thing? I was looking forward to the game as much as anyone but we have a much weakened team at the moment. Cam Bran definitely out, Atkinson and Forde a doubt, least it means we can have a stronger team for whenever its rearranged (the next Tuesday we can fit it in)
I think:
1) people are annoyed because its the derby and we were all looking forward to it
2) This sets a dangerous precedent now. We've already had 2 games called off because of Covid. At this rate there's either going to be a very bad fixture congestion or the season won't finish.

That’s bollloxs if they had enough players to play it should have been played this season is turning out to be s**t I know we had some players out but it was derby day the players we did have fit would have been enough to get us 3 points

Tuesday December 22nd looks to be the first clear possible match day for any rearrangement.
Unless we both choke the FA Cup First Round, which would leave Second Round day clear - Saturday 28th November.
Or both sides don't progress in EFL Trophy which would free up Tuesday 8th December.

If none of those available due to cup progression and proximity to Christmas then would be looking at Tuesday 5th January.

I think:
1) people are annoyed because its the derby and we were all looking forward to it
2) This sets a dangerous precedent now. We've already had 2 games called off because of Covid. At this rate there's either going to be a very bad fixture congestion or the season won't finish.
I’m more pissed off that we’ve had another team dictate to us when they are prepared to play the game and we’ve had another wasted Saturday afternoon and as fans it was a day to get abit excited about a couple of hours to forget about Covid that’s what pisses me off

Look at the positives though - if it is pushed to December/January we may even be allowed fans in (unlikely I know but possible)

• React
Reactions: m

The problem is that these games ultimately have to go somewhere. Have a rotten winter and a few frozen pitches up north, and then what?

We now have Saturday-Tuesday for pretty much the rest of the year (assuming our FA Cup tie isn't moved for TV) and stick this game on the 8th December as suggested and we our first non-playing Tuesday is the 22nd December should we make the FA Cup second round.

That's a heavy toll to take. These postponed games aren't something to laugh off.

At what stage does the season get cancelled? Can't see how we can go on like this.

Can just extend the season by a week or two..........

Which reminds me have they finished last seasons EFL Trophy kick about yet?

BB02924C-8CE5-48A2-8546-C87B6570F647.jpeg

only 2 players so they can still safely field a side. It’s seems that there whole side has been tested therefore it should be played.

It's fine saying that there should have been rules about what circumstances mean a postponement - but to keep it as simple as 'x' players test positive will not work, because that doesn't take into account those who had been in close contact with those players subsequently having to self-isolate.

How many others trained closely with them in the last day or two, and what about the backroom staff - could one or more of them have been in close quarters with the whole squad as well?

Football is just going to have to accept that this will keep happening this season, try its best to fit games in around postponements and the scheduled fixtures and hope that by May (or whenever the season is due to finish) everyone has had chance to catch back up....

I just want to watch the Us play some football. The season will never finish unless teams have to play with whatever they’ve got left, or forfeit.

Even if the whole Swindon team does get tested doesn't it take 14 days for symptoms to appear? So they could present symptoms after the test?

Interesting that the local media are reporting its off but nothing from either club. That Alan journalist seems to be under the impression it could still happen.

Maybe just maybe the EFL are forcing the game to go ahead..

I just want to watch the Us play some football. The season will never finish unless teams have to play with whatever they’ve got left, or forfeit.
I do not see forfeiting as the answer, as that penalises those clubs that are more responsible about testing.

Anyway, there may come a point where most clubs have had a mini-outbreak within their squad and therefore are less likely to have another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom