Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there must be some planned maintenance on that area of the car park that is scheduled in for this weekend - along with anyone wanting to park large van/bus type vehicles diverted to the very far end of the overflow car park (you know, the bit that gets a bit wet and boggy when it has rained recently)
that haas given rise to a random -ish thought..., if the semi regular visitors to the breeze block car parks, from the 'travelling community,' choose to rock up this eve, tomorrow or Saturday morning... is there an easy way to differentiate between them and any 6 fingered inbreds from down the wrong end of the A420?

asking for a friend

that haas given rise to a random -ish thought..., if the semi regular visitors to the breeze block car parks, from the 'travelling community,' choose to rock up this eve, tomorrow or Saturday morning... is there an easy way to differentiate between them and any 6 fingered inbreds from down the wrong end of the A420?

asking for a friend

Easy, the travellers would be better dressed and would speak more coherently.

Good interview with Rob Hall on the preview show. Admitted that he wasn't good enough last year but has come back stronger physically and mentally and I still think he has a big role to play in our season. He gets this game and knows that the performance is secondary to the result, and that regardless of anything else going on, we put everything into this game.

I hope he gets an opportunity to play on Saturday, although probably from the bench. He looks like he's desperate to make an impression and he could be the difference we need.

Good interview with Rob Hall on the preview show. Admitted that he wasn't good enough last year but has come back stronger physically and mentally and I still think he has a big role to play in our season. He gets this game and knows that the performance is secondary to the result, and that regardless of anything else going on, we put everything into this game.

I hope he gets an opportunity to play on Saturday, although probably from the bench. He looks like he's desperate to make an impression and he could be the difference we need.
... and Hally knows how to score the winner against 'them' too

I entirely get where you're coming from.

It just makes it even funnier for me though, rubbing their faces in it, and it's not even true!

Hey, we live in a post-fact world. (And just for once I'm willing to let my personal standards drop)

On a tangent: more than the Wycombe or Pompey games I'm feeling that I'm missing out this weekend. Not being there is going to really hurt.
I agree. Why spoil a great story with the facts?

Joy of Six
Magnificent seven
Annihil eight?

• React
Reactions: m
First time this season that not being at a game has really hurt, as opposed to being disappointing / annoying etc. This one aches. I absolutely love the derbies, probably because it’s been that long since we did anything other than P**s all over them. Home or away, I just adore the nervousness and anticipation that comes with it all. Looking across at the other lot, be it inside the ground or out, and feeling a genuine boiling of blood. Every goal feeling like it’s the most important one that’s ever been scored; every final whistle being met with such unbridled joy that it’s as though you’ve just been given every piece of good news you’ve ever received, in a single moment.

I’m glad we have several players in the squad who know what this means.

asking for a friend
Number of fingers?

First time this season that not being at a game has really hurt, as opposed to being disappointing / annoying etc. This one aches. I absolutely love the derbies, probably because it’s been that long since we did anything other than P**s all over them. Home or away, I just adore the nervousness and anticipation that comes with it all. Looking across at the other lot, be it inside the ground or out, and feeling a genuine boiling of blood. Every goal feeling like it’s the most important one that’s ever been scored; every final whistle being met with such unbridled joy that it’s as though you’ve just been given every piece of good news you’ve ever received, in a single moment.

Easty, Ruffs ,( local lad - albeit not, as yet featured in one) Longy, and of course the scorer of the winner last time we played 'em (at the skip) Hally

plus all the youngsters who may get called up too

Easty, Ruffs ,( local lad - albeit not, as yet featured in one) Longy, and of course the scorer of the winner last time we played 'em (at the skip) Hally

plus all the youngsters who may get called up too
Matty Taylor won’t need much introduction to it either.

Encapsulates the whole thing. Just won't be the same watching iFollow.

Must win so the Loungers can taunt our scum supporting postie! (nice chap but deluded in his support!)

I don’t agree with caps lock statements but today I’m afraid I have to as an exile calling out to the natives.

IF THEIR FANS ARE AT THE FENCE END TRYING TO SUPPORT THEM, AND OURS ARE NOT THERE TO FORCE THEM ON AND SUPPORT OUR BOYS, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU ALL.

?????

“My ?? said be a ❌ fan
I said ?? ?? you’re a ?
With ? And ? , ? and ?
We’ll ??‍? the ? how to ? “

Yeah finally someone said it, it is a lot of fun winding them up on social media with the 7 in a row (and it's a great chant) but we can't include the Potter 1-0 and the Roofe 2-0 if we're not including that - they're literally the same competition, format change or not!
I am as reasonable and balanced as they get, but it is clear to me that the introduction of B teams devalued a proud and established tournament that everyone wanted to win.

The message that it should now be discounted is formally recognised by the participants, as games in the B team Cup do not count for suspensions etc.

Therefore the only unbiased view can be that the Roofe and Potter games in the Football League Super Cup counted, and whatever happened in the nonsense B Team Bonanza means less than nothing.

I don’t agree with caps lock statements but today I’m afraid I have to as an exile calling out to the natives.

IF THEIR FANS ARE AT THE FENCE END TRYING TO SUPPORT THEM, AND OURS ARE NOT THERE TO FORCE THEM ON AND SUPPORT OUR BOYS, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU ALL.

?????

“My ?? said be a ❌ fan
I said ?? ?? you’re a ?
With ? And ? , ? and ?
We’ll ??‍? the ? how to ? “
Hear, hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom