Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they'll be reading this thread as we are theirs. Maybe we'll have to keep an eye on any 6 fingered impostors as they pass through Oxford on their way to Banbury v Bury Town.

They are........... they think they "get under our skin".

They are wrong.

It`s the similarities between the two clubs that make it what it is.

We have more in common than either side cares to admit.

Oh yes

We've had him once since that game. Peterborough at home in the cup last season.

He's done 6 games this season with 18 yellows shown, including 7 in Charlton v Wigan on Saturday.

You might...

The Club similarities are many, the derby infrequent ......... its what makes it so special.

First one I`ve missed since the late `70`s.

Barring the B team kick about that doesn`t count. :)

Havingwatched u18s v Sw*nd*n u18s matches over the past few seasons ( at both Abingdon united & the training ground) , our youngsters are fully aware of the significance- some of the young uns, including Lopes, Sole, Jones, Lofthouse, Elechi IMO could be called upon should cover be needed - those u18s matches were full blooded to say the least- our young assets would run though brick walls, and then some, if selected for Saturday (IMO)

It`ll be weird without a crowd.......... not even sure I can bring myself to watch it.

The Club similarities are many, the derby infrequent ......... its what makes it so special.

First one I`ve missed since the late `70`s.

Barring the B team kick about that doesn`t count. :)
Until now, Ive not missed a competitive gave with 'them' home and away - my first away game ever was away v them in the 60s- and yep I even went to the 'meaningless/ not counting trophy game- .... will probably do the sensible thing and watch via ifollow at my sisters, but, I am still vaguely toying with the idea of standing on the mound ( Fence end) for a couple of hours on Saturday ? :unsure:

I know this will be a post some will not agree and some might agree but I feel we should get some fans at the fence end this Saturday just to make abit of noise show some colour not to cause any trouble but just to support the team social distancing of COURSE as I say most fans will disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom