Home Match Build Up 24-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Swindon Town MATCH OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well null and void the season, it just can't be properly done at this time. Furlough everyone, try again next August.
Sorry to say I think you're probably right. This is only going to get worse for the next few months at least, which will lead to an impossible backlog of postponed matches at the end of the season. Better to bite the bullet now rather than let it drag on much longer.

They should scrap the season, and wait until next year. With the salary cap you can only bring in a limited amount of players, take into consideration injuries etc. Clubs won’t be able to field a side. The whole situation has been a giant clusterfook.

Im seeing fans in grounds around Europe, and some of them countries are in a worse state than we are.

Cancel and void the whole thing. Start again next summer.

They should scrap the season, and wait until next year. With the salary cap you can only bring in a limited amount of players, take into consideration injuries etc. Clubs won’t be able to field a side. The whole situation has been a giant clusterfook.

Im seeing fans in grounds around Europe, and some of them countries are in a worse state than we are.

Easier said than done.

Scrap the season and there most likely won’t be another season for any club at this level.

The season will not be scrapped or even up for consideration until we see large numbers of games being cancelled every week. Too many clubs are on the brink of going out of business to shelve this all now. It will be uncomfortable, and it feels worse with Crewe twice and now our biggest game for ages going, but football needs to find a way through this.

PFA funded testing programmes and clear rules regarding how and when games are postponed would have been a good idea, but that's not there and we make the best of what we have.

Are you a Tory MP in your spare time?

Scrap the season and there most likely won’t be another season for any club at this level.
Are clubs at this level making money off matches at the moment? I thought given the lack of gate money, and the cost of putting matches on, they would be financially better off not playing. (Just an uninformed guess on my part)

The season will not be scrapped or even up for consideration until we see large numbers of games being cancelled every week. Too many clubs are on the brink of going out of business to shelve this all now. It will be uncomfortable, and it feels worse with Crewe twice and now our biggest game for ages going, but football needs to find a way through this.

PFA funded testing programmes and clear rules regarding how and when games are postponed would have been a good idea, but that's not there and we make the best of what we have.

Well we are going to be in for a hell of a fixture pile up. Injuries and suspensions, and will be fatigued. Not a good place to be in. I’m normally as positive as you.

How is the EFL funded? Do all clubs donate or do Sky bribe pay them?

I doubt clubs are making profit atm, but they're still making an income. If clubs stop playing games then there is no income whatsoever. Thats when clubs will go under.

Nothing on OUFC official website, Oxford Fail say "set to be called off" and Swinedump Advertiser say it's off. Not sure I believe either of the last two sources.

Are clubs at this level making money off matches at the moment? I thought given the lack of gate money, and the cost of putting matches on, they would be financially better off not playing. (Just an uninformed guess on my part)
Andy Holt (Accrington's chairman) is very open about his club's finances, this gives some idea about how much money clubs are missing out on:

Well we are going to be in for a hell of a fixture pile up. Injuries and suspensions, and will be fatigued. Not a good place to be in. I’m normally as positive as you.
That's why I see an extension to get games in, or worse case scenario, a points per game deal like last season. But as difficult as things are right now, this won't last forever and we need to find ways to keep football going.

Fixture pile ups are not good, but I'd rather see us playing 15 games in April rather than have no club to support, or no viable league to play in.

So the bloke who said its off.............now says its on.....................

Be off at 2.30 tomorrow then.

I doubt clubs are making profit atm, but they're still making an income. If clubs stop playing games then there is no income whatsoever. Thats when clubs will go under.
How do clubs (at our level) generate income from games at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom