Home Match Day Thread +++ 23/12/2017 OUFC v Wigan Athletic match day thread +++

Personally think we need to raise our performance level above our last 3 league outings to get even a draw out of this game. I'm hoping we are a better team than those performances suggest but are we good enough to win this?.

2-1 to Wigan (Payne)

Last edited:
Hopefully an early Christmas present today 3-1 to the u’s and a cracking match.
COYY

Very difficult game. The top 5 are at a different level interest of us and this lot are top. I'll be over the moon with a point but I'm not expecting anything from today.

Key will be not having a shocking 20 mins like against Blackburn. I think we have enough to hold most teams, but conceding 3 like that will give us no chance. If everyone is on their game, and doesn’t make any howlers who knows. We do tend to do better against better teams who allow us a little more space

Confident we will get something today. Team are much grittier sine the training camp, reckon Mousinho’s captaincy is a factor as well.

Can’t see us getting a result today, if Wigan click then we are goosed, but then maybe, just maybe....

We have drawn with Bradford, Charlton and Shrewsbury at home which suggests we are able to keep pace with some of the better teams in the league on our day, but I think Wigan and Blackburn will walk away with the top two spots this season and are a level above.

I'm still sulking about the performance at Rochdale, but am 76% over it. Funnily enough, the way we set up against them would have been more appropriate for today....

3-1 to Wigan, with that fiery chap grabbing a couple. (Grigg, not Burn).

Play like we did at Rochdale no chance, play like we did against Wimbledon and Portsmouth we win

Tough game today where we will need some pace in the team if we are to get anything from it. I worry we'll get done on the counter attack multiple times and will rely on proper defending at set pieces.

Gonna be a real test today. Wigan are flying and have the best attack in L1 and the best defence in the EFL. So will we win? I'd like to think so as I'm a glass half-full chappie. But I'll be very happy with a draw

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

The sun has finally emerged after a miserable few days so I’m feeling upbeat. We’re gonna win.

I'm probably the only guy in Wigan hoping that they get hammered today. I'll be listening the local radio station and I'm keen to see how biased they are.

Northampton (2pm ko) go 1-0 up v Blackburn

Like the "Drop Image" function by the way...very comfortable.
Ricky in for CC, otherwise unchanged. Doubt the collective legs will handle Christmas so will be interesting to see how Pep manages it.

Back
Top Bottom