Home Match Day Thread 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trueman seemed to dive very slowly for the goal, if that’s possible. Agree Hanson was decent and got forward much more than I’ve seen him do at right back.
I was right behind it in the North Stand I really don’t think Trueman could have done any more.

Long, McNally or their number 9, Morton, were MOTM for me. What Morton is doing at Fleetwood I’m not too sure, looks a class above L1.

100%. Apart from missing what looked to be a decent chance towards the end i thought Morton was excellent and based
on tonight i would be happy with him in our squad, looked quality.

McNally had a great game but Long just edged it for MOTM for me.

McNally was very good and I would have given him man of the match to boost his confidence further ahead of Saturday. Long was superb though, the Bicester Baresi. He took on the role of senior defender very well and was doing a hell of a lot of talking and organising.

Also special mention for Hanson. By far and away his best performance for us that I've seen.

Credit to all the yellows tonight.

I think MOTM is an exaggeration, but Hanson was genuinely good tonight. Got forward well, and played some really nice, incisive passes.

Whyte was excellent in his build-up play, and a constant menace up front......but he's still completely lacking in confidence in front of goal.

Kane and Brannagan ran the show. Long was immense.

I thought Trueman was mostly fine......but he'll want the goal back. Shouldn't get beaten from there.

Fleetwood were utter dross......
I’m hoping the win will give the team confidence for Saturday. Whyte played his best game for us tonight and if he is starting as centre forward on Saturday I’m hoping by his win tonight will give him more confidence for Saturday. Hanson also played well tonight

I agree completely on Morton, I thought he looked very useful and the type of option I'd like us to have up front.

He‘s technically very good, can pick a pass and constant work rate. He’s got a long stride and seems to eat the ground up. I’m not sure he’s your conventional number 9, looks more like an advanced midfielder to me. For those of a certain age, he reminded me of Trevor Hebberd with that mixture of cleverness on the ball and a great athlete.

Not sure if we should be playing, we'll let the result tell us. Fleetwood are not in form at the moment so may be a good time to play with a weakened team.
Anyway I'll go for a 3-1 win.
Mystic Malc! Great to get the three points ahead of Rotherham then Sunderland, takes some pressure off Saturday and then we'll have mist back for Sunderland.

Fantsstic result, great resilience shown the club!

Mystic Malc! Great to get the three points ahead of Rotherham then Sunderland, takes some pressure off Saturday and then we'll have mist back for Sunderland.

Fantsstic result, great resilience shown the club!
I’ll be surprised if we get anything on Saturday but I think we can cut them some slack if that’s the case. Then go and kick Mackem ass the week after.

Fleetwood were abysmal: so loose in their marking and defensive discipline. Have some good players but Grayson has turned them into relegation fodder. They just couldn’t cope with our gusto.

Well done Robbo, gritty backs to wall performance.

Impressed by McGuane tonight, very strong on the ball. But so greedy. Hanson ok but come on chaps he’s vey limited.

Man of the match Sam Long : accomplished. Why isn’t he captain?

Keeper looked short and arthritic dive for their goal but sound enough.

Very pleased I tootled down fhe M40 for that. COYY.

Player ratings.

Trueman 7
Hanson 7
McNally 8
Long 9
Seddon 8
Kane 7
Brannagan 9
Henry 8
Bodin 6
Whyte 8
Holland 8

Hopefully Williams back for Saturday to come in for Bodin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom