Home Match Day Thread 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Not sure if we should be playing, we'll let the result tell us. Fleetwood are not in form at the moment so may be a good time to play with a weakened team.
Anyway I'll go for a 3-1 win.

Annoyingly, we could have lost six players from our forward/midfield ranks and barely noticed, but aneentire back four plus keeper would mpact most teams.
However, we'll cope fine I'm sure ( and who's to say we would definitely win any rearranged games anyway - {ref: Crewe/Swindon last season}) and after all....

.... we've got Sam Long!!!!!

Hopefully adversity will bring the boys together, and those given an unexpected chance will grab it with both hands

2-0 surprisingly we have a new GK a make shift defence but the boys defend for there lives I’m quite looking forward to it tonight because it’s a backs against the wall job and it’s under the lights
COYY

The defence will look a bit EFL Trophy dead rubber-esque but the rest won’t be far off what we’d put out for our first team. Im not writing us off just yet.

It would be good to know whether we have sorted the ‘keeper situation sooner rather than later though …

Think we will score but without Taylor others will have to step up
But we will also concede with a makeshift back four and a GK who knows none of them so we will concede
Going for 2-2

The defence will look a bit EFL Trophy dead rubber-esque but the rest won’t be far off what we’d put out for our first team. Im not writing us off just yet.

It would be good to know whether we have sorted the ‘keeper situation sooner rather than later though …
I’m pretty certain the keeper is sorted , it will be Robbo keeping fleetwood guessing up until the last minute

We still have quality, but without Taylor need others to step up and score goals.
Also of course the defence will look a lot weaker.
3 on the bench according to KR this evening.
A win ( avoiding injuries) would be a very good result.

I'm predicting glorious failure, just can't see how we can keep a clean sheet with such a makeshift defense out. Also who's gonna put the ball in the back of the net? :D

Pub Quiz question in 2050:

“Which 2021 game saw the home team have more players unavailable than the total number of away fans at the match?“

Give the punter a chance, mate: “Which 2021 game saw the home team have more players unavailable than the total number of away fans at the match yet fewer defenders in their first team squad?“

I can't help feeling that - as I think is true for the team when everyone is available, but even more for this scratch team - attack will be the best form of defence tonight. The midfield looks OK, the attack passable, defence pretty threadbare.

I hope to be there to cheer them on.*

Mind you I have my third Covid jab at lunchtime, so maybe I won't, depending on how I feel after. :(

Last edited:
Fleetwood have scored more goals than us so far. Conversely, they’ve also conceded 12 more than us too.

Go at them and see what happens. I don’t want us to go down to 1-0 as they are vulnerable at the back.

A valiant performance to come from our remaining soldiers. Fear our lack of clinical finishing without Taylor may haunt us, but still think we've got enough to win this one. Would love to see a couple of youngsters given a shot today, despite what KR is saying about only having 3 on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom