Home Match Build Up 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, because Eastie has a secret injury, we choose not to play Plumley and our first choice defence, but instead pretend rhat he and our best six outfield players ALL have COVID and get the game postponed.....
....bizarre, unlikely, but I suppose possible.....
.....but, to rubber stamp the charade, instead of using the same pretend outbreak to get two more games postponed so that our'injured' keeper can recover, we instead elect to play a game three days later without the players with pretend COVID .....
.....yep, sounds plausible to me
People will convince themselves of any kind of rubbish, you only have to look at the Covid conspiracists on here. It makes them feel clever and special, i guess.

I rather wish it wasn't Fleetwood we were playing, they're such a canny and mean bunch, although not doing so well this season. I just hope Karl doesn't try some silly new formation - just stick to Plan A!

Could be a brave decision or derail the season somewhat. Playing tomorrow means presumably that we have to face Saturday and Sunderland away, with 12 platers out.
I think the decision is foolhardy, if we had a choice of whether to play or not. To lose a couple of games due to kr's bravado, with over half the squad unavailable, could destabalise everything the club has worked towards and achieved so far.

Could be a brave decision or derail the season somewhat. Playing tomorrow means presumably that we have to face Saturday and Sunderland away, with 12 platers out.
I think the decision is foolhardy, if we had a choice of whether to play or not. To lose a couple of games due to kr's bravado, with over half the squad unavailable, could destabalise everything the club has worked towards and achieved so far.
I don't think we had a choice. Presumably most of the team will be back after Saturday.

He’s made a rod for his own back with the Swindon cancellation comments from last year.

Also, COVID will impact the season. We can’t have teams postponing matches left, right and centre at every instance of it in the squads. We’ve got to muddle through it somehow.

I feel it is foolhardy to play this game if there is any chance of us getting a postponement.
Fair enough if we are forced to play.
But 7 players out of the squad unavailable is a large chunk of our first team. Others have postponed with less than 7 omitted due to international duty.

Bet, as Trevor states, we have no choice and have to play tomorrow.

We need to have a crack and see how it goes, Fleetwood are playing like dogs at present so there’s a decent chance of three points.

Absolutely fear for Saturday though, we will likely be mullered with our two senior centre backs out.

I’m still curious as to how seven tested positive overnight. What was the protocol failure?

Very true. LFTs much more likely to give a false negative than the opposite. However, most school kids can tell you how to get a LFT to show up as positive if they've forgotten to do their homework.

Yeah?!

How do they do that then?

(Asking for a friend)

LFD's are over 90% accurate.
Well just going on what I’ve read and the experience with my daughter and her surgeons response and picked this up, but this is one LFT

Attachments

• 7CF8631B-B9F1-46EE-B8C3-5C9F7D13AA5E.jpeg
    7CF8631B-B9F1-46EE-B8C3-5C9F7D13AA5E.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 21
He’s made a rod for his own back with the Swindon cancellation comments from last year.

Also, COVID will impact the season. We can’t have teams postponing matches left, right and centre at every instance of it in the squads. We’ve got to muddle through it somehow.
You cannot expect to play and win, when half of your squad is unavailable. You risk losing winnable games, due to an uneven playing field.
It could totally derail our season.
If this is a case of gung-ho kr making the decision then on his head be it.

You cannot expect to play and win, when half of your squad is unavailable. You risk losing winnable games, due to an uneven playing field.
Look, this has been said a million times. It's not up to us. We know you don't like Karl but do you have to be so dense as well?

But the will

And to think if we put the team out we play tomorrow in a cup game we’d probably end up with a fine for playing a weakened side!!

The league probably told us we have to play.
How is that anybody going gung ho?

The league probably told us we have to play.
How is that anybody going gung ho?
Do you not bother actually reading a post, before looking to go in the attack?
I said if it is a case, not that he had made the final decision.
Dear oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom