Home Match Build Up 23/11/2021 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

NottsYellow

So what is the procedure to this potentially being postponed?
I assume EFL need to make a decision on it at some point tomorrow, earlier the better - does the decision depend on whether we can get an emergency loan keeper?

We need to get a decent keeper, not some has been or left over from elsewhere, O’Donker in the squad with Goodrum, and if we can field a team give it a go, but if we get any more positive cases it’s time to shut the door and wait it out.

If we can get a keeper or Plumley doesn't have to isolate then it has to be game on.

It'll be difficult as it will be a depleted squad but with a bit of resolve and decent support at home we should be able to compete against 22nd placed Fleetwood.

Plus after KR went in two footed on Crewe and Swindon last season it'll be hypocritical of us not to play this if we have a goalkeeper.

• React
Reactions: Ian
If we can get a keeper or Plumley doesn't have to isolate then it has to be game on.

It'll be difficult as it will be a depleted squad but with a bit of resolve and decent support at home we should be able to compete against 22nd placed Fleetwood.

Plus after KR went in two footed on Crewe and Swindon last season it'll be hypocritical of us not to play this if we have a goalkeeper.

You keep banging the same drum about Robinson being hypocritical, but he was very clear about having the intention to play. The EFL need to be sure that the game is credible so will expect a team to field a goal keeper as well as being assured that there is no ongoing risk to those playing on either side.

It is entirely possible that Robinson can maintain the stance he took with Crewe and Swindon but still have the game postponed.

This is not the stick to beat the manager with!

You keep banging the same drum about Robinson being hypocritical, but he was very clear about having the intention to play. The EFL need to be sure that the game is credible so will expect a team to field a goal keeper as well as being assured that there is no ongoing risk to those playing on either side.

It is entirely possible that Robinson can maintain the stance he took with Crewe and Swindon but still have the game postponed.

This is not the stick to beat the manager with!
Do not end a sentence with a preposition. As follows: This is not the stick with which to beat the manager. This was beaten into me by my English Language teacher.

Emergency GK

Williams
Long
McNally
Seddon

Kane
Brannagan
McGuane

Henry
Whyte
Holland

OK now I am really struggling if he's injured! Hanson at right back maybe (jesus christ)

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
If the match has to be played I would guess a few young oufc players would be in the 18 so maybe could have a team like
Loan GK
Watt long McNally Seddon
Henry Kane Brannigan
Whyte G,OD Holland
Subs
Agyei bodin maguane Hanson and a couple more youngsters

Do not end a sentence with a preposition. As follows: This is not the stick with which to beat the manager. This was beaten into me by my English Language teacher.
Despite all the bitching and sniping that goes on around this forum, occasionally I see posts like this that make this such a joyful read and restore my faith in humanity. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom