Away Match Day Thread 23/10/2021 L1: Burton Albion v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only disappointments were conceding one when we thoroughly didn’t deserve to. Moore and Thorniley were excellent all game.

And our usual bugbear - final ball. We had so much of the ball down the channels and Holland was on the end of them that’ll do his confidence a world of good. The issue is that Burton flew in with late blocks, good saves and quality tackles. A little bit more nous and we could have had more.

Maybe I’m being greedy. We really were excellent today. Maybe keeping KR away from the team isn’t such a bad idea after all!

Abit late but yessss yesss yesss great result we are starting to move in the right direction now

A positive comment of their forum on todays game albeit only 6 comments on todays game.

7 defenders on the pitch and we still are being torn to shreds at the back.

Brilliant result! Was not expecting that. Was at my niece's 1st birthday party so couldn't keep track. Just seen final score. Excellent at a tough place.
Bit young for a clown isn't she[emoji1782][emoji1787]

Great result....said it before, when it clicks there are virtually none in the league who can live with us!

Excellent result, fantastic and so good that we are playing so well with the odd change in player not disruting us. Must admit to being a bit worried not having Gorrin in midfield but fantastic .

I'm surprised that the result hasn't been recorded as a 2-3 away win. I thought some were saying that Eastwood playing was worth an extra goal for them?!

Also good to see Elliott Moore desperately keeping his Oxford career intact after someone said he should be shipped out of the club! And Matty Taylor who was past it only a few games ago!!

I know we've had some disappointing results this season, and we've struggled to find a consistent run of results, but some of the criticism has been premature. We've got the makings of a very good side, and when we click we look unplayable. But the league is really tight and there are no guarantees. We've got some big games coming up against Ipswich, Wigan twice, Rotherham and MK Dons who are still hanging around the top end. But they won't be relishing playing us either and it gives us a chance to push higher into the playoff positions. Hopefully the table will look even nicer by Christmas!

I'm surprised that the result hasn't been recorded as a 2-3 away win. I thought some were saying that Eastwood playing was worth an extra goal for them?!

Also good to see Elliott Moore desperately keeping his Oxford career intact after someone said he should be shipped out of the club! And Matty Taylor who was past it only a few games ago!!

I know we've had some disappointing results this season, and we've struggled to find a consistent run of results, but some of the criticism has been premature. We've got the makings of a very good side, and when we click we look unplayable. But the league is really tight and there are no guarantees. We've got some big games coming up against Ipswich, Wigan twice, Rotherham and MK Dons who are still hanging around the top end. But they won't be relishing playing us either and it gives us a chance to push higher into the playoff positions. Hopefully the table will look even nicer by Christmas!
Scotchegg is to winning what kip is to losing 😂

This league this season is very bizarre take charlton beating Sunderland or Shrewsbury hitting 4 past Cambridge or morcambe drawing with Plymouth that’s just today’s strange results it’s been happening all season so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom