Away Match Day Thread 23/10/2021 L1: Burton Albion v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a measured, calm, polished, gutsy skilful and clinical performance. We looked a division better than Burton. And they are upper middle members of L1 without doubt.

If we keep this up then automatic promotion a possibility. The Rotherham home game is going to be pivotal.

Kane looks 35 and plays like he’s made 600 appearances. He ran that game. Surprised that the radio pundits didn’t really mention this.

Taylor, Henry and Moore also immense. Seddon continues to be a weak link unfortunately.

Non existent support from the home team plus quite the most disgusting burgers took a little shine off a very pleasant afternoon.

There seems to be an on field purpose , which is credit to the management.

It’s now time to have the off field strategy laid out.

COYY.
Going home from the Cambridge game first game of the season I was convinved we'd bagged ourselves a big upgrade on Ruffs.

He's going downhill, think there's a player in there somewhere though.

I think that a lot on here never doubted Taylor.
He is class and has some bad spells (like most players- even Kane in the PL)
There were a small number who wanted him dropped for Agyei, but most, I think, knew that Taylor would come good.
Doubted may be the wrong word - perhaps questioned his form/fitness was a better way to put it. But he has been a talking point which is only natural if the team struggled for goals.

I returned to the terrace during half time to find a big space had appeared and an older chap being helped, walking from the terrace. Don’t know what happened but I’m hoping he is feeling better.
I was stood right by him when he fell ill. It was awful to see him look so poorly. By the time I returned before the second-half kicked-off, he was back in his feet and walking away with the medical team. I was amazed and delighted to see him return towards the end of the match!

I was stood right by him when he fell ill. It was awful to see him look so poorly. By the time I returned before the second-half kicked-off, he was back in his feet and walking away with the medical team. I was amazed and delighted to see him return towards the end of the match!
Chap sat next to us in the seated area, obviously a doctor, leapt to his feet, sprang over the advertising hoardings and ran over to assist. On his return I commented, "blood pressure?" he smiled and merely said, "well, he was breathing so all ok" sat down and drank his half time tea.
We do have the best supporters, you know.

Chap sat next to us in the seated area, obviously a doctor, leapt to his feet, sprang over the advertising hoardings and ran over to assist. On his return I commented, "blood pressure?" he smiled and merely said, "well, he was breathing so all ok" sat down and drank his half time tea.
We do have the best supporters, you know.
It’s nice to know that times have changed and there is more willingness to help.

Just seen Luton are in the championship play-offs, that stadium would be a culture shock to the PL!

I returned to the terrace during half time to find a big space had appeared and an older chap being helped, walking from the terrace. Don’t know what happened but I’m hoping he is feeling better.
Collapsed at half time, high blood pressure. Came back into the stand just in time to see them score! On the mend!

Bizarre that Nathan Holland’s ’goal’ was deemed as an O.G by the Press Association.

Long’s centre was met by a shot on target by Holland that was deflected in by Michael Bostwick but surely it’s Holland’s goal.

Two O.G’s now after Michael Nottingham’s effort for Accrington V the U’s recently.

Bizarre that Nathan Holland’s ’goal’ was deemed as an O.G by the Press Association.

Long’s centre was met by a shot on target by Holland that was deflected in by Michael Bostwick but surely it’s Holland’s goal.
Is this final? Surely it cannot be - and there must be some process of appeal, however pedantic that may sound. Does anyone know?

It’s not as if Bostwick will want it against his name, either!

Holland’s goal surely. He shot on target, Bostwick is only a couple of feet away stretching a leg out and it goes in the corner . There would be a own goal a game if that can be classed as Bostwicks goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom