Away Match Day Thread 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

Goal scoring isn’t the problem, we’re we’re the highest goal scorers in League One, but defensively we sit 13th.
At the start of the season and in the January window, we‘ve been crying out for Robbo to sign defenders, but he’s failed. Hopefully he’ll realise where we didn’t perform.

I will, until my dying day, never understand why we chose to employ the tactics we did today, especially in the second half.

Perplexing, bewildering and idiotic.

I can accept losing, but I can’t accept such woeful decision making when we all we needed to do was to trust in ourselves and do what we’re great at.

That's three season of relative failure by "Nearly but not quite" Robinson. First we lost in the play off final. The second we lost in the play offs. And third we didn't even qualify for the play offs. If the decline continues it's mid table next season.

Not much about failing is relative. Just failure. Again.

Hoping for Wigan and Rotherham to be promoted (sorry to our northern members) plus Wycombe for reasons well known to us all. Would be happy to lose Morecambe and Fleetwood at the other end but looking more like Wimbledon and Gillingham.

I will, until my dying day, never understand why we chose to employ the tactics we did today, especially in the second half.

I can accept losing, but I can’t accept such woeful decision making when we all we needed to do was to trust in ourselves and do what we’re great at.

Couldn't agree more

Without a doubt, but there are those who will say he needs time and it work in progress but ffs how long do you give.
If planning is approved for Stratford Brake then the owners will want to see Oxford in the championship sooner rather than later. KR will get an opportunity, including investment in the first team squad, to make that happen. If it then doesn’t he’ll get canned.

Been busy this afternoon and just seen the score.

Oh well. We pushed it to the penultimate game and even the most churlish fan will admit that it’s been a very competitive division this year. Three playoff campaigns in a row was always a tough ask.

Beat Doncaster and hope for a random points deduction from somewhere! Otherwise, there’s always next year.

Lack of fight/passion in a game we needed to win was disgraceful today.
Agreed..Mr Robinson please leave now..he should be gone today if the board had any guts..I am afraid he has had long enough... put the youngsters in for the last game,& get in a tactical leadership group who know what they are doing.. Mr Robinson will not get us into the championship.. that would give us all summer to get in the correct coaching team to take oufc to the next level.there are plenty of coaching teams who have the nouse.. we are supposed to have had a defensive coach... the defence has gone backwards since the COACH was appointed..a lot will not agree with my views.but robbo has had his day I am afraid.

If planning is approved for Stratford Brake then the owners will want to see Oxford in the championship sooner rather than later. KR will get an opportunity, including investment in the first team squad, to make that happen. If it then doesn’t he’ll get canned.
Totally agree but would still love to know why the board haven’t come out announced as our new owners

oh well at least no need to rush back from the seaside, roll on next season

We missed a few decent chances, can't expect to miss those and get a result at Rotherham this season.

Overall it was a poor performance though, sprinkled with some arrogance in the lineup from Robbo maybe.

We lost every header today, and every second ball. We should have had a solid back 5 for this, with as much aerial ability in the back lineup as possible.

The inability to win defensive headers and second balls just made it too difficult today.

Rotherham and Wigan are route 1 sides, hoof it to the front men, win headers and win the second ball. It's ridiculously effective at this level, but you usually see those sides come straight back down so I'm still glad we don't resort to the same style.

What that does show me though, is that we need more physicality and muscle in the side. But then again, I said that at the end of last season, and so did Robbo!

it looks like we’ve got a nice southern division next season which should be good for the attendances and away days I can be bothered to go to, And at least we’re not going to lose in the playoffs again because I was not relishing that at all

Enough of the positives though, we bottled it, as has been the running theme since Robinson has been here, We are once again in a position where we need a lot of players coming in and out and I just can’t see why he’s all of a sudden going to learn from his mistakes

And another year he will get without question.

Disappointing, but as for the season I have been entertained.

We need a couple of players to be better, Gorrin getting injured didn’t help, we need as someone said muscle in front of the defenders, that might give Kane if he stays freedom to play forward with Brannigan if he stays, possibly a big striker to compliment Taylor and Baldock if he stays, Bodin can stay as well.

Holland can go, Brown or Thorniley (one of the other) would be good, goalie, not sure either are Championship standard.

Time for a beer.

Back
Top Bottom