Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

weve yet to draw a game with Coventry City.... theyre one of the L1 form sides currently.... despite which, the euphoric conclusion to last weeks home game will boost the U's approach.... close, hard fought game with 3 goals in the second half, 2nd away win of the campaign, 2-1 away win, Henry and Sykes .... 2220 away fans

Hi guys, really more hopeful than anything but does anyone have room in their car for one? I live in Cowley but can get to any surrounding areas for pick up. Happy to pay petrol. I know it's late, only just found out I can get the day off work!

The Checkatrade Trophy final defeat still niggles me so let's avenge that disappointment tomorrow. I think a 2-1 win to the Mighty Yellows is on the way. Mackie and Henry on the scoresheet with 1870 away fans.

Probably a Coventry win. Not being pessimistic, but they’re in good form. I’ve always said our home form will keep us up, so anything on the road is a bonus.

2-1 - Brannagan. another last minute winner from them after an improved U’s performance.

Only my third away game of the season, haven’t seen us lose, so draw it is. Can see the ref having a blinder missing four penalty appeals, two shoutouts for sending offs, six handballs and City playing with twelve players on the pitch, Var will make an appearance but only in the minds of City fans as Mackie is yards offside and the ball clearly does not cross the line.

Would be very happy with a point please! 1-1

Wonder whether a point per game from now on would be enough........?

Wonder whether a point per game from now on would be enough........?
I think it is a game a time , but a point is OK for this away game , well would be a good away draw!

Coventry City 2 Oxford United 0 Att: 11253 and 2464 yellows fans. I can't see us getting anything here, I'm afraid. I don't even think we will get a corner. We will lose the toss. Most of the ref's (Mr B. Sting) decisions will go to Coventry. Both their goals will be penalties. 8 of our players will be booked, while Nelson and Ruffles will both be sent off for fighting, over who takes our first free kick. Eastwood will fracture his index finger, after trying to retrieve a reluctant bogey. Browne will dislocate his coccyx, after doing a back-flip, for no reason. Henry will split his scrotum after doing the splits, then rupture his clavicle tendons whilst rolling around in agony. A dog will run onto the pitch. Two of our directors will offer to resign on June 30th, but be told to go on April 12th, by Tiger. Their scoreboard will malfunction, continually showing a mentally-challenged naked woman on a horse trotting around Coventry, calling herself Lady Ga Ga. Apparantly, told her it was Lady Godiva, but who cares - these are desperate times. Coventry Cathedral will be demoted to the status of town chapel, because, just like the Ricoh Arena, hardly anybody ever goes there. John Obika will be sent to Coventry. Not to play football, but because nobody wants to talk to him, anymore. That just about does it for me. COYY

Coventry City 2 Oxford United 0 Att: 11253 and 2464 yellows fans. I can't see us getting anything here, I'm afraid. I don't even think we will get a corner. We will lose the toss. Most of the ref's (Mr B. Sting) decisions will go to Coventry. Both their goals will be penalties. 8 of our players will be booked, while Nelson and Ruffles will both be sent off for fighting, over who takes our first free kick. Eastwood will fracture his index finger, after trying to retrieve a reluctant bogey. Browne will dislocate his coccyx, after doing a back-flip, for no reason. Henry will split his scrotum after doing the splits, then rupture his clavicle tendons whilst rolling around in agony. A dog will run onto the pitch. Two of our directors will offer to resign on June 30th, but be told to go on April 12th, by Tiger. Their scoreboard will malfunction, continually showing a mentally-challenged naked woman on a horse trotting around Coventry, calling herself Lady Ga Ga. Apparantly, told her it was Lady Godiva, but who cares - these are desperate times. Coventry Cathedral will be demoted to the status of town chapel, because, just like the Ricoh Arena, hardly anybody ever goes there. John Obika will be sent to Coventry. Not to play football, but because nobody wants to talk to him, anymore. That just about does it for me. COYY
Seriously Dave?
And is there any down side,?

Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Henry Mous Brannagan
Browne Mackie Graham

0-1, Henry.

Back
Top Bottom