Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

D2XIUSQXcAEl-t4

Beginning to believe we can do it. Nelson was due a goal (how we will miss him). Important we get 3 points at home next week.

Yes , this! May be KR , does know what he is talking about after all! lol
There's far too much attention given to what Robinson says post match.

He's criticised for downplaying a win, looking at positives from a defeat, saying what most say on here regarding the ref or individual performances, or bigging up players.

Mous was pretty candid about most things in the week and said that the players were still playing for the manager and they weren't affected by any of the off field stuff. So whatever is said doesn't seem to bother any of those that matter.

Results are all that matters, and the season hasn't been good enough but a couple of weeks and we should be safe for another year regardless of whatever is said in the 2 minutes after the game.

Brilliant win today not the best of games but we battled well and wanted it more than they did and played some decent stuff at times.
Well done lads !!!

Just got back and still buzzing! I haven’t read any other posts yet but my take on it was a good solid performance and on balance I thought we deserved it despite a few scares. Everybody did well (including the management) but, for me, special mentions to Eastwood, Long, Garbutt, Henry, Dickie , Mackie and Kashi. I’ll hold my hand up to not being too enamoured when Kashi signed but he’s putting solid 7/8 out of 10 performances in every week. I hope we get him permanently in the summer. Dare I say it but I’d also take Garbutt permanently if we could get him for a realistic fee and wages. He adds a solidity to the midfield when he plays like he did today. The support was also fantastic. Proud to be an Oxford fan tonight and enjoying a couple of alcoholic beverages.

Just a small note about the stadium, it actually felt quite claustrophobic to start with but what an atmosphere the yellow army created. Wouldn’t it be great to have a similar stadium. When the dust has settled on this season, the stadium situation really needs to become a priority in the summer. We need to find out what the situation is and push for some development. It’s the single biggest factor in holding the club back.

Great day out. COYYs!

Great win today I personally think get safety sorted and hopefully the people upstairs (above the manager) will hopefully decide he is not suitable to our club and get rid and start a fresh from may
Why would he be sacked? He or someone messed up massively with the summer recruitment, but since Luton hes addressed our issues quite well. He’s not the man to get us into the championship, agreed

Thought it was a good performance actually, Robbo , against one of the most technically adept sides I’ve seen all season. We were dogs of war and emperors of shithousery and fully deserved the win.

Man of the match Kashi. Did not put a foot wrong. Sign him up for next season .

Long had his best game for the club today. Much improved.

Amazing away support behind the goal, couple of thousand maybe?

What a fine ground as well , a terrible shame that it’s going to be lost to football next season. Surely there’s a deal to be done?

Let’s destroy Wycombe next week. Looking forward to it already.

Great result today of course. Thought we held on well and agree that the game probably wasn't as tense as I imagine RadOx would have made it.

Definitely some performances of note, Long was great again, Kashi was great again, Easty continues to be probably the best keeper in our league.

I thought the best player on the pitch was there CM with the green boots (loanee from Wolves). A real presence and Kashi did well to just disrupt him.

Few disappointing performances and, whilst I know he was doing a specific job, watching Luke Garbutt today was hugely frustrating. He was pedestrian at times, refusing to cross the half way line. In the end it justified the means and the result almost vindicates his role to sit and seemingly just be in the way of Ruffels. But christ... Give me Gav Whyte any day of the year. To be fair to him he had moments, but I struggle to work out what he is particularly good at. Close control maybe? Dribbling on a rare occasion?

Browne has definitely gone off the boil since his return from injury. He was up against a wily pro today in their skipper, but I don't recall an occasion in the past two games he has featured where he has made the most of his pace.

I thought the rest worked hard for the points and Henry coming into the game later was a good shout too as his later pressing helped to see us over the line.

After two 1-0s I'd like us to do a job on Wycombe next week to really get us over the line... We shall see.

Just got back. Fantastic result, great team performance all around. MoM, must be the fans. We out sang and out supported Coventry. Any Coventry fan who says you can't generate an atmosphere there is having a laugh.
Having gone into the Ricoh area bar before the game, to see the size of the set up there is impressive. The number of people going up to hospitality. I cant think of any other ground, including the stadium of light that is as impressive.
Left a few minutes early, due to the journey back and to avoid carpark crush, there was a group of around 20 youff waiting over by the station area, by car park B. Plod soon corralled them. Apart from that did the Coventry hospitality boys that were to our far left pay us a visit, or was it all quiet?

Just got back. Fantastic result, great team performance all around. MoM, must be the fans. We out sang and out supported Coventry. Any Coventry fan who says you can't generate an atmosphere there is having a laugh.
Having gone into the Ricoh area bar before the game, to see the size of the set up there is impressive. The number of people going up to hospitality. I cant think of any other ground, including the stadium of light that is as impressive.
Left a few minutes early, due to the journey back and to avoid carpark crush, there was a group of around 20 youff waiting over by the station area, by car park B. Plod soon corralled them. Apart from that did the Coventry hospitality boys that were to our far left pay us a visit, or was it all quiet?
Because of those idiots we were unable to get out of the car park for nearly 45 minutes. Thankfully we were buzzing from the win so didn't care!
And you're right about atmosphere, what a noise we made! 2007 OUFC fans giving it their all!

Does this 70s hooliganism stuff excite you sexually?

Excellent result. Great support.

Shocking start to the season. What was it, 6 points from the first 12 games and bottom of the table? For whatever reason we were way off the pace for the first quarter of the season, since the beginning of the new year we must be close to playoff form in terms of results. Frustrating!

Still we are where we are now and just have to make sure we are in this league next season. Just hope the management have learnt from their preseason recruitment mistakes.

Just back, had beers, then Chinese so now sat down, excellent performance and every player was man of the match. Even got to talk to Selfie on the radio at half time.

Onwards and upwards.

Just on train back... still lots of vocal support at Cov train station??...

Great result and support in away end was truly awesome.. experienced it from a home end perspective today.... loud and proud.

couldn’t contain the elation at the end so a wee bit of confrontation with a few disappointed Cov fans. ??

Back
Top Bottom