Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

What a brilliant win, but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed anything other than the goal and the final whistle. It was basically Doncaster away from last season all over again.

We had a run at the back end of last season that pullled us out of the brown stuff and there’s another late run appearing now. What I would give for a bit more of that over a longer period. We can’t have another season next year where the final ten games or so become an escape mission. It leads to far too many soiled underpants.

A really great opportunity to finish the job over the next three fixtures. Five points could be enough given it would stop teams gaining on us as well as increasing our own tally. Six and it’s almost certainly job done. Let’s get it done before that tricky last run in of Charlton, Doncaster and Luton with Shrewsbury away in the middle.

Only just had a chance to check the scores, unreal result. Can’t imagine how tense that last 10 minutes must have been. Also amazing to see us midtable.

KR seems to get his best results for us when his backs to the wall doesn’t he? Very similar shades in this run in so far to those tense final games last year - keeping it tight and winning games by the odd goal.

Great 3 points, let them brag about winning at Wembley, those points are far more important, and if it derails their play off hopes, all the better.

Our back 7 (i.e. Eastwood, Long, Dickie, Nelson, Ruffels, Brannagan & Kashi) are playing really well right now. Meaning we look damn solid as a team.....I think that's just one injury time consolation goal conceded in the past four, right?

Play like that, and you'll be in every game, and there's always the chance that you can nick the three points with the odd goal like we have done today.

If those seven keep it up over the next seven games, then we'll stay up with room to spare.

Although it would be even more comfortable if our forwards would find their shooting boots and/or remember how to play a final ball!!

The goal conceded against Scunthorpe was 90th min as well

Just back - wouldn't say we were rubbish - that's harsh - we rode our luck somewhat and as mentioned above the back seven are very cohesive at the moment - Browne was not overly impressive today and Graham was clearly trying to hard - quality win in a game we would have lost earlier in the season

Sky very quick with the highlights

Firstly, lovely jubbly result.

I wonder if KR and the coaching team have actively told players to shoot from outside the box as we seem to be doing it far more than earlier in the season. I consider this a positive.

From the highlights, It is laughable that it seems their keeper is claiming he had hold of the ball for our goal and it should be a foul. Nevermind it looked over the line anyway.

Great win today I personally think get safety sorted and hopefully the people upstairs (above the manager) will hopefully decide he is not suitable to our club and get rid and start a fresh from may

Strange, why would you get rid if we start winning? Also, based on Tiger has stood by KR when we were in bad runs, I can't see them getting rid when we are winning.

Perhaps a warning shot at the players not to get complacent? A couple of good results lately but we don’t want to get carried away.

Maybe just an attempt to keep the team on an even keel?
Yes , this! May be KR , does know what he is talking about after all! lol

I just don’t think he suitable for our club there has to be somebody out there who could do a better job on our budget if you look at the league this year we could of been in play offs with a good manager

And Pep Clotet proved there is worse.

What a brilliant win, but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed anything other than the goal and the final whistle. It was basically Doncaster away from last season all over again.

We had a run at the back end of last season that pullled us out of the brown stuff and there’s another late run appearing now. What I would give for a bit more of that over a longer period. We can’t have another season next year where the final ten games or so become an escape mission. It leads to far too many soiled underpants.

A really great opportunity to finish the job over the next three fixtures. Five points could be enough given it would stop teams gaining on us as well as increasing our own tally. Six and it’s almost certainly job done. Let’s get it done before that tricky last run in of Charlton, Doncaster and Luton with Shrewsbury away in the middle.
We won?!!

Been busy marching in London all day!

Great news!

Only just had a chance to check the scores, unreal result. Can’t imagine how tense that last 10 minutes must have been. Also amazing to see us midtable.

You know what - they really weren't that tense (at least watching on ifollow).

We killed the game pretty effectively. Much of the last ten minutes was spent in and around Coventry's corner flag.

You know what - they really weren't that tense (at least watching on ifollow).

We killed the game pretty effectively. Much of the last ten minutes was spent in and around Coventry's corner flag.

Iain Dowie said the same on Soccer Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom