Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

13 points from the last 6 games with three very winnable games coming up. Wycombe, Walsall and Wimbledon could see us put 5 wins together to see us safe with room to spare!

The great thing is that we've so many teams below us now - and we know all of them are pretty bad. There's a very good chance that several of them have bad ends to the season.

So not too much more for us to do now. Two wins from the very winnable games against Wimbledon, Walsall, Shrewsbury and Wycombe should see us comfortably safe.

Simon Eastwood being so strong saying that Sam Long should have come in to the team much earlier and local players are unfairly treated!

1. I think it shows that the players, unlike some on here, agree with those of us who don’t rate Jamie Hanson at all.
2. Can Robinson allow a player to effectively criticise him like that?

dont think KR would even consider dropping Easty... 2 clean sheets in consecutive games & wins , and 150 OUFC appearances clocked up

Re homegrown talent agree 100% ...watched a very young U18s beat Exter U18s away earlier .... theres some seriously good talent in our U23s and U18s squads .... hence Lopez and Jones joing Jack Stevens on the bench today.

win the next 2 games (Wycombe n Walsall) & maybe, just maybe some of the youngsters might get a cameo appearances in a few first team games?

though Easty is a bit outspoken...especially of late !

Last edited:
Great win today I personally think get safety sorted and hopefully the people upstairs (above the manager) will hopefully decide he is not suitable to our club and get rid and start a fresh from may

Great win today I personally think get safety sorted and hopefully the people upstairs (above the manager) will hopefully decide he is not suitable to our club and get rid and start a fresh from may
Wow.... ?

The only problem with that is its been proven beyond doubt that May can't deliver anything positive.

WOW massive result today the boys did us and themselves proud. Let’s win all our remaining games and see where it takes us. COYY
21 points better than where we are now ;)...... and very probably a non minus goal difference too (if theyre not all 1-0 wins of course!);)

I just don’t think he suitable for our club there has to be somebody out there who could do a better job on our budget if you look at the league this year we could of been in play offs with a good manager

Sky very quick with the highlights
Watching these it was interesting to see how fine margins/luck can tilt a game....
On another day, Nelson could have seen red for a pull-back in the first clip, second could have seen a free-kick in the D for a player being wiped out, the third could have seen our player off for a two footed move in winning the ball, not to mention them hitting the post and the ball not rebounding into the net off Eastie's face, twice the ball rebounding into the 6 yard box without a Cov player able to reach it, even the goal could have been ruled out for kicking the ball out of the keepers hands.

Not saying that any of these should have been give, but given the standard of officiating in this League, any one of them COULD have been, which could have turned the game on its head (as of course could 'the incident' last week), but they didnt, we rode our luck and appear to be stout in defence so got what we deserved.....

Simon Eastwood being so strong saying that Sam Long should have come in to the team much earlier and local players are unfairly treated!

1. I think it shows that the players, unlike some on here, agree with those of us who don’t rate Jamie Hanson at all.

He is not wrong though is he, Hanson played because he was signed from Derby. Long isn’t pulling up trees but he is competent defensively, Hanson isn’t, hard to see why we played him at right back for so long.

Easty is god so can say what he wants, not the first time he's been in Sam Longs corner and he's right as well

Back
Top Bottom