Mous
Kashi
Sykes

Henry
Graham
Sinclair

Bench - Stevens, Long, Carruthers, Smith, Jones, Mackie, Browne

1-2, Henry and Graham.

Oh God no. Mous and Kashi in the same midfield is literally a disaster waiting to happen.

Mmm.
Ignore Smith? TBH he looked average in the U23 game and looks nowhere near ready. If he comes on will be a gamble.
Unfit Kashi? He has been training for a fair few weeks now so how do you know he is still unfit?
Has he been wrong leaving Sinclair on.the bench (and is he seriously going to lose any confidence he has by being on.the bench?? If he is I suggest he will never make it in the tough world of professional football)
Smith: last 10-15 minutes would be a gamble, yes, but possibly one worth taking if circumstances dictate. Kashi just looked off the pace in the time I’ve seen him. I hope you’re right in implying he is fully fit for 90 minutes. Football is a confidence thing, particularly with strikers. Give Sincair game time and let him prove himself.

I think Kashi will start, KR was desperate for him to play on Tuesday.

If Mackie, Browne, Brannagan & Whyte are unavailable then I think it will be something like this, ( not my choice though!)

Eastwood.
Hanson, Nelson, Mousinho, Ruffels
Sykes, Kashi, Henry, Graham
Caruthers,
Sinclair

Bench. Stevens, Long, Garbutt, Dickie, Smith, ( wouldn’t be surprised to see Mackie & Browne make the bench)

Sorry, not at all confident, think we’ll lose this 3-1. Really hope I’m proved wrong.

Haven't seen him play but think it's worth bringing him off the bench, we need an attacking option off the bench, not starting but surely it's worth taking the risk, can't do any worse than Obika

Browne and Mackie out. Along with the Brannagan ban and Whyte’s head injury, presumably we’ll look like this:

Eastwood

Hanson
Dickie
Nelson
Ruffels

Mousinho
Henry
Sykes

Graham
Garbutt

Sinclair

Generally a glass half full kinda guy but not sure this is the game we turn things around. 0-2.
That's a better shout actually. Completely forgot Garbutt. Which is fair considering his contribution so far...

It'll be interesting to see if being put into receivership a week ago has an effect on the Blackpool players morale.
They stand to lose 12 points, putting them right into the relegation fight with us. Quite a task for a manager to rally a squad under those circumstances.
Just might be our away win chance...

everyone pack your boots, and you might get a game. We'll just name a team with the injured ones in, if any of you ringers get booked remember your adopted name (the joys of Sunday League football revisited)

Blackpool 2 Oxford United 2 (Ruffels and Nelson) Att:3549 and 323 yellows fans. This game has 'this game' written all over it. Three of our directors will leave the club and join 'Independant United', a new team made up of dissillusioned directors. Robinson will try to join, but be refused, because he was never 'illusioned' in the first place. Nelson and Ruffels will get into a fight over who's got the sexiest body. The hot-dog stands won't be working, so they'll offer 'Blackpool Rock' instead. It'll be really windy in Blackpool and their famous tower will partially fall down. A dog will run onto the pitch. Eastwood will fracture his little finger whilst picking his nose and be out for 4 weeks. Garbutt will offer to take over, but be politely told to fck off. He will return to Everton and become their manager. Due to our forwards' inability to regularly 'bang 'em in', Robbo will ask the ladies' team if we can borrow their centre-forward. The referee, Mr A. Hitler (no relation) will completely fck the game up, with his terrible decisions. He will send Nelson off. That just about does it for me. COYY

The Inland Revenue were interviewed after the match? I thought they died in 2005?
Much like "moving to a new ground", you need to suspend belief if you want to enjoy the story.....

I think it might be 'suspend disbelief'. Mine's been hanging in the loft since September.

Think we will lose 0-1.
And all the other results will go our way.
Again we rue missed chances in a one sided match

U23 update( from match report)
Lofthouse and James subbed after 60 minutes.
Both then travelled north to Blackpool.

Back
Top Bottom