Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/02/2019 Blackpool v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Actually I watched the first 45 minutes in full on yellow player and we were very lucky. How many ball did they put in our box? 20 odd and not one cross was blocked, not one! Sometimes the player was doubled up and still got the ball in. We were just lucky they had an off day or it’d been all over within 30 minutes.
Mmm well having been there I don't reckon we were lucky.
Eastwood had one regulation save in the whole game. Sure their crossing wad lacking but defensively we couldn't have done much more.

I don't give a s**t how we win at the moment , its all about the points and until the end of the season when we take stock then is the time for the inquest and agree our recruitment/cull plan.In an ideal world we would be the Man City of L1 but we are not so lets accept the points however we come by them and live to fight another day..........and breath...

Maybe football is a game of opinions. In this case yours is wrong. To compare the game against one of the best teams in the world to the one at Blackpool blimey.
We didn’t play like that due to tactics they mullered us for long spells. And had us pinned in our half.
We failed to stop hardly any of their crosses and they got into those positions too easily.
Even their manager said so?
Great we got the 3 points but that was a lucky win. We didn’t play well.
Goodness how arrogant. His view is wrong
?
We were never mullered. We were solid and played well defensively. They had no dangerous shots on target.
Sure they had a lot of possession and hoofed/ crossed from generally poor positions hoping to hit the tall front men.
If you thought we lucky presumably you thought we were incredibly unlucky away at Burton, Wycombe?

"Even their manager said so?"

Oh that makes it true then, just like KR's summaries. No manager would ever big up his own team after all.

Howard had to make more saves in 5mins from 2 terrific shots from Sykes than Eastwood made in the whole game. So what yardstick do you use to say which was the best team.

Donny win tonight by a couple of goals and we go up a place without kicking a ball. Don’t know what all the fuss has been about :) mid table mediocrity at end of season... and, if we do have a top half budget, that ain’t good enough...

Donny win tonight by a couple of goals and we go up a place without kicking a ball. Don’t know what all the fuss has been about :) mid table mediocrity at end of season... and, if we do have a top half budget, that ain’t good enough...
Well we don’t want Shrewsbury to win do we

3 points is what it’s all about, if Blackpool we’re having an off day then is that Oxfords fault? We had a great day at Burton but couldn’t find the back of the net, every club are entitled to have off days and their opposition may have been lucky but that’s what it’s all about. We got 3 points now we move on......Scunthorpe and hopefully another 3 points whether because we were brilliant or just very lucky.

That’s true 3 points closer to safety. That’s all that counts. But that doesn’t mean one can’t comment about the game. Or what we need to improve upon. If we want to stay up.

That’s true 3 points closer to safety. That’s all that counts. But that doesn’t mean one can’t comment about the game. Or what we need to improve upon. If we want to stay up.
To be frank I don’t care if we play like that week in week out as long as at the end of the season we are staying in L1, then decisions will have to be made on the management the players after what has happened this season this will have to be the last chance saloon we can’t go through this mate of a season again.

Well if that’s the case I’d say let’s not worry about half chances (at best) from crosses, lets concentrate on our forwards converting a better percentage of chances.

Roy Hodgson has a healthy disrespect for all stats other the most (only) important one, he has survived 40 years as a football manager so must know a thing or two, especially about relegation battles. The only thing that matters, even more so in our position is that we won.

Er ..... oh dear.

No you’re wrong. ?

We were never mullered on Saturday (You mean like Barnsley and Portsmouth away? )

That was never a lucky win.

Bet we play like this in a number of our remaining matches and bet we win a few more away games.

It was an encouraging spirited shithouse of a performance.

Let’s agree to disagree. The difference is I’m not judging the game on goals. My opinion is they pinned us in our own half for most of the game and attacked at will. No they weren’t able to convert their chances... luckily for us. It was nowhere near as bad as Pompey or Barnsley defeats. But then neither was the Accrington game but they still managed to score 4.
My main point was and not really just limited just to the Blackpool game. They were allowed to put so many crosses into our box. Just like Accy were and on another day they could have converted 3 or 4 (or from the resulting second ball). As someone else said it was something like 24 crosses our defence had to deal with. We need to start stopping the cross!

Sleep with enough women and eventually you’ll pick up an STD. Stop sleeping with them and you have no chance of getting one ;)

Okay bad analogy

Back
Top Bottom