Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/12/2018 Doncaster Rovers v OUFC Matchday Thread +++

So long as we keep drawing on the road and winning at home I’ll be very happy. More of the same please. A solid 0-0.

A draw would be a great result, even better if there's goals. But a win would really set things up nicely for the Christmas period. COYY

Robinson was in the opposing dressing room that day.

Oh yeah, well at least he has been present at both our away wins over the last 12 months.

Probably not been noted much how poor the away form has been for a long time now, especially now the Kassam is a 3 point fortress, but fair play to all those who have regularly traveled around the country to the unglamorous locations that make up league one and not had much joy from it, let’s hope you, and the rest of us, are all given an early Christmas present today.

Oh yeah, well at least he has been present at both our away wins over the last 12 months.

Probably not been noted much how poor the away form has been for a long time now, especially now the Kassam is a 3 point fortress, but fair play to all those who have regularly traveled around the country to the unglamorous locations that make up league one and not had much joy from it, let’s hope you, and the rest of us, are all given an early Christmas present today.

Unglamorous locations of League one - 10 years ago we could only dream of such trips.

Unglamorous locations of League one - 10 years ago we could only dream of such trips.
I don't know what you are talking about...
We have been to Oakwell, Fratton Park and the Stadium of Light (and Adam's Park ?).Not much glamour there.
Give me Histon, Tunbridge Angels and Woking any day!!

A solid beating followed up with a win on Boxing Day and a draw on NY. A healthy run of results.

Definitely going to have to be on top form today to get anything out of this match. Will be happy with a point and full of Christmas spirit with 3.

message ( on social media- yesterday) from Donny SLO

Hello everyone
First, can I introduce myself I am the Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) at Doncaster Rovers. I am here just to post a quick message and some information regarding your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium.
Tomorrow the Oxford fans will be allocated our North Stand, which holds around 3300 fans. If you travel without a ticket, you will be able to purchase these from our 'Club Doncaster Academy' which is located next to the away end. Myself and the stewards will be able to direct you if you need help.
Parking is available at the stadium in car park 3 at the price of £5. Disabled parking spaces can be booked through the clubs Box Office by calling 01302 762576.
Once you have arrived at the Keepmoat there will be food and drink available in the ground. If you would like a drink and a bite to eat before you enter the ground, then the away fans are welcome in the Belle Vue Bar (named after our former ground) which is located at the West Stand. Where you can try our very own range of Doncaster Rovers beers! Also known as Rovers1879 and Copps Hopps.
We have also this season launched a ‘Family Section’ in the away end. Before the game kids can participate in fun, skill-based activities which include football drills and penalty practice. A face painter will be available as well as a games console to show off their FIFA skills.
Below is a link to our away fans guide that was produced by the club with information regarding the Keepmoat and the surrounding areas. If you have the time it is well worth a read.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/away-fans/

If you have any questions then please leave a comment, my email address is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk or you can tweet me at @drfc_away.
Thank you for your time, I hope to see you all tomorrow and that you all have a safe journey.
Kind Regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers FC

Unless you are a bit strange Rochdale, Barnsley, Gillingham, Peterborough etc are not glamorous locations, we maybe a couple of leagues higher than we were a decade ago but I grew up watching us play in what is now the championship and premier league, league one is better than where we were but I don’t feel out of place amongst these giants.

Fair play to anyone that follows Oxford home or away, however many times they go, when it would be easy to sit at home or in a pub supporting one of the big six was more my point, with a special nod to those that have trekked up and down England to see so few wins.

That midweek trip to Barrow dear oh dear. Thank god them days are over!

Thank you Lord Wilder for getting us away from them awful venues.

Just watching Barnet v Dover. Barnet have scored against the run of play. Reminds me of our games in the Conference. Truly awful missed chances. Mixture of youth and has beens and oldies. Barnet just scored against the run of pitch. Have to say pitch is in really good shape

Back
Top Bottom