Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/04/2019 Shrewsbury v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

You would suspect that Carruthers and Kashi have played their last games for us - and I wouldn't be surprised if that was Graham's swansong as well.

Shame, because I think Kashi looks a really good player, but seems to let his emotions get the better of him. Today’s tackle was rash, but I like someone in the middle of the park that doesn’t shy from a tackle. Like Ledson, and of course Mickey Lewis.

I think I’d try and keep him, as long as KR can control him.

No ones said it for a while. Amazing how a few wins make people feel more positive about the owners. But anyway,get in!! What an incredible run! It’s like the end of the season before last, when McAleny couldn’t stop scoring and we won 3-0 at Millwall

Terrific win. Well done Karl.

Absolutely 100% still want Tiger away from our club. I don’t trust him one little bit and his form to date is appalling.

There you go ?

Why was he at fault for the second?
Seems to me when a player has that much room to shoot on the edge of the box it’s not the keepers problem

He was beaten at his near post with a clear site of the ball, as well as missing a couple of crosses that came in, one in particular should have been buried, but landed on the roof of the net.

He was beaten at his near post with a clear site of the ball, as well as missing a couple of crosses that came in, one in particular should have been buried, but landed on the roof of the net.
How can it be near post when the guy is central to the goal on the edge of the area. It’s marginally to one side but to say near post I’d really pushing the margins of belief

How can it be near post when the guy is central to the goal on the edge of the area. It’s marginally to one side but to say near post I’d really pushing the margins of belief

Simply my opinion, he was well sighted for the goal that went in, shaving the inside of the post.

You would suspect that Carruthers and Kashi have played their last games for us - and I wouldn't be surprised if that was Graham's swansong as well.

Why has Grahams enthusiasm for being back at the club, that he showed at Christmas seemingly evaporated? Maybe the management style of kr is different to Appleton.

Why has Grahams enthusiasm for being back at the club, that he showed at Christmas seemingly evaporated? Maybe the management style of kr is different to Appleton.

Could he have picked up another injury and we don't know

He played 5 games under MApp and basically had a free run. Under Robinson he has been expected to play different roles and less frequently to fit around the team. If that has dented his enthusiasm then it says more about Graham than it does Robinson. After the last few years of his career, Graham should be happy playing in goal if asked.

That was agony to watch on the phone and get snippets on the radio. But another win, another 3 points and a level of consistency that we've not had. This pre-season is going to be vital - if we can have a good summer, there is enough right in this team that it will be there to compete. But we cannot afford to have a bad start and have aspirations of going up.

And recruitment has been to a lot better from day one. Glad Nico Jones got some game time in a less pressured environment and did well. Another point to young players that you will get game time if you work hard and do the right thing.

Nicked this from the Shrews forum.

think we are underestimating the role played by the Oxford Manager. Karl Robinson had a job to do at half time. His team were a goal down and down to ten men. He did his job perfectly. Our manager had a job to do at half time. His team were a goal up playing against ten men. He didn't do his job. Karl Robinson has a lot of experience at this level and it showed. Our manager has no experience at this level and it showed. Its difficult to blame Ricketts. He was out done by sheer experience so well done Robinson.

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99099/oxford-match-thread?page=3#ixzz5lrLnKkyQ

So what happened in the tunnel at half time? Whatever it was, was turned into positive intent to win in the second half. Winning is a beautiful habit.

I don’t think he (JG) has any lack of enthusiasm for OUFC. I think it’s a run of poor form and, perhaps, a realisation that the footballer he once was is a thing of the past.

Completely agree. Haven't seen any indication of the lack of enthusiasm (he was one of the players that ran from the subs bench to celebrate the third goal and Walsall and did the same for Mackie's winner against Bradford). I think he's out of form/confidence, which I can understand. He started brightly after joining in January but was replaced by Garbutt in the starting line up and hasn't really had a look in since.

I still maintain that he's a good player at this level and would certainly have him back next season if we can agree favourable terms with Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom